There's a troll in the yard!

by Nellie 10 Replies latest social humour

• Nellie
    Nellie

Ok - true story!

My friend runs a diner/restaurant in a small rural town in Georgia (population 400). One of the waitresses has a 15-year old Downs Syndrome son who she occassionally leaves home alone while she works.

She gets a phone call from him, "Mom, there's a troll in the yard." After assuring him that there is no such thing as a troll and having a small debate about it, she hangs up and tries to go back to work. Worried now that he might be having some sort of breakdown, she tells her boss about the incident and gets permission to go home and check on him. She calls him back while she's driving home, and he says, "Don't worry, Mom, everything's okay. I trapped the troll."

Trapped the troll! Ok, now she's really worried. What the heck is going on? When she gets home, she checks the front yard and then runs around back to check there too. She sees nothing...So she goes inside.

She finds her son - excited - he points to the closet door (that has a chair wedged up under the doorknob) and says, "See Mom, I trapped the troll - it's in the closet!" Banging noises are coming out of the closet and she's afraid to open the door, but she must. As soon as the door is opened, out runs ..... a midget (little person) - cursing and screaming. It turns out he was a Census worker!

The boy opened the door, picked him up and threw him in the closet! "You see Mom, there are trolls!" ROFLMAO!!!

P.S. - No charges were filed against the boy or his mom. I told my friend she needs to get one of those little troll dolls and make it part of the restaurant decor!

• poppers
    poppers

Oh my, that's hilarious! That'll teach her not to return the census form. LOL!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I heard that story just last week.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Somebody wrote something similar a week or two ago

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

In the previous story, the troll was a JW, I think.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Is the person who told you this a JW? i remember back more than 20 years, Valerie told me some story about a Hall in the south or something, that was demonized and burned to ground or some BS like that, then later had to admit to me that the story wasn't true.

• Nellie
    Nellie

No - not a witness story. They live in Georgia. This happened @ 2 weeks ago.

• betterdaze
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I've heard this story, too. It was told by a "worldly" co-worker. The midget was a JW in her version. She doesn't know that i used to be a JW myself.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Ok - I don't argue with Snopes! I guess I've been had . . . wait till I get my hands on the person who told me this!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit