How many you you hated to wait in the car while someone was on a good call!

by life is to short 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

There was nothing like getting stuck in a car for a LONG time while some nincompoop was yapping away at a door totally heedless of anybody or anything else. This happened to me a couple of times. Once it was because the brother was just absent minded, the other times it was because the brother was just plain inconsiderate. One smart aleck said that I should have gotten out of the car and knocked on some doors in the meantime!!

It was my opinion that people like this should work alone if they refuse to adhere to any kind of schedule.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Actually, it was the best part of field service, next to the breaks.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I will NEVER forget the time my husband, my daughter..who was about 9 and I were assigned to go out with a elder and his pioneer wife. Thank goodness we had our minivan with a DVD player in it...bacause the first call his wife took us to was a RV she wanted her husband to go on with her. So they went in and almost 2 hours later they FINALLY came out!! Meanwhile my husband got out of the drivers seat and climbed in the back, and we all three watched a MOVIE!! When they came out they NEVER apologized for being in there so long!!! It was absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!! Oh how I do NOT miss those days!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I can feel your pain. Early on, I hated waiting in the car because I live where it is 95 degrees all summer long. So that was pretty miserable. In the winter it was okay, if there were decent people in the car with you.

However, the last few years, I loved just sitting in the car waiting. Because I hated having to knock on doors and talk to folks. That was dreadful to me, so just sitting was by far the better alternative. And plus I usually always drive, so I would sit there with the air running.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Yup, no question....sitting in the car while someone was at the door was way better than door to door territory. I was just explaining to my bf over the weekend the driving rules for field service, he has never been a witness and laughed so hard at my explanation of "pioneer speed".

He drove 40mph just for me to relive the good old days,

so glad I will never have to sit in a car like that ever again, saturdays are sweet-just as they should be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit