My awakening and realization that I have been told a lie

by Soldier77 30 Replies latest jw friends

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Welcome, I was born in also. This site is wonderful. Lots of wisdom and knowledge here. I also recommend reading Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz. I even have a (very well read) copy that I'd be happy to send if you want. Again welcome...

GrewupJW

• finallysomepride
  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Soldier 77,

WELCOME to the forum!! We are so happy to have you here..I am sorry you went through what you did as a child, no child should ever have to endure what you have..then not have the support of the elders who are supposed to be under "Holy Spirit" to safeguard the flock?? It is so appauling!! My heart goes out to you and thousands like you who have suffered abuse by those who were supposed to love and protect them..((HUGS)).

You will make many friends here who have walked in your shoes...Hang in there!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome

I too was abused and like you nothing was done to my parents. I was blamed for being a bad daughter. The affects of being abused never go away. The worst part for me is to not have my abuse believed. Why would I make it up but that is how I feel they look at me. This is truly a sick cult.

The elder trying to guilt you into studying with someone is a classic example. My husband had that done to him many times. Other elders would ask him to study with these nut cases because they did not want too. They used to use the same line on my husband, and my husband would fall for it. Finally I asked my husband why can't those elders who are asking you to study with this guy or kid do it themselves. My husband said they are too busy. I said and like you are not??????????????? One guy my husband was asked to study with I still have nightmares about. He was beyond a worm. Just this very, very low life guy.

I have learned the truth about the "truth" for about a year and a half. It has been very hard. I truly believed it for at least I spent a life time trying to convince myself that I believed it.

Right now I am going through the bitter stage of the grieving stage. I am so bitter that I am hurting myself right now. I hope this passes fast. I wish there was some magic wand to wave to make the pain go away quickly but I have as yet to find it.

Hang in there, I have heard that time heals all. I am hoping so myself.

LITS

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, Soldier77! Glad you joined. You are part of the 'conscious class'. There are more and more of you every day.

Since you have family still in, fading is probably your best option. That way, you are not cut off from them.

I am truly sorry you suffered abuse. This cult is quite messed up in this regard. Sexual abuse with children is only one of a number of abuses going on. But the abuse of children is particularly sickening because they are so vulnerable and unable to defend themselves. The religion does nothing to help them. It does do things to harm them though, especially when they accuse the children of being the ones in the wrong!

I believe stricter legislation on organizations, especially ones claiming religious status, is required.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

welcome! Its time to replace all the lies in your grey matter with life!

Do searches on subjects in this forum. There is a gold mine of information, facts, references, life experiences here from the BEST of the BEST!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi and welcome..I havent been on here long myself but its been very therapeutic for me for sure...read Ray Franz's book..its excellent

Loz x

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words. I'll take all of your recommendations to heart and try to pick up a copy of CoC and Steve Hassans books ASAP.

I knew I made the right decision to stop lurking and start interacting!

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Hi Soldier77, welcome on board!

I'm so sad for the abuse you have suffered, I understand what it means, specially when you are not believed! My daughter suffered the same problem and the healing has been very very long. Now she is feeling better, and starts to rebuild her life.

Happy that you have realized who the Watchtower is. You must be young, you have plenty of time to rebuild your life. I've been in the borg almost 50 years after my baptism...well it is never too late!!!!

Feel home here with good friends who understand you!

Regards, Claudia

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome you will find much support here .

My opinion about the Elder trying to turn over a study to you is - Go back and take it ! Then show the study all the information on freeminds.com you have researched ......You never know it might be your first new friend on the outside ...plus you would be doing this person a big favor by sharing the real truth with them about JW's ......inmho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit