Our country in bad shape

by Weeping 32 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Avidflower,

For goodness sake, things are just so awful and satan has blinded you so badly you don't even know what you're talking about.

Myself, personally, I've had a wonderful breakkie, am going out for a run, and a spring ski tomorrow. Life is just, well, AWFUL. The country is a mess...

Kiss me!

• Elsewhere
  • TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Here's an article about drug use in the early twentieth century.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/whiteb1.htm

Drugs have been a "problem" for over a hundred years. The only reason we percieve the problem to be as bad as it is is because of the media attention that is brought to it. The music of my grandparents' era (and much earlier as well) had lyrics about cocaine and marajuana, not to mention making deals with the devil. Look into the music of Robert Johnson, a bluesman who lived from 1911-1938. Hurray for sex, drugs, and the devil.

If you are going to make sweeping statements about the good old days, I would appreciate some references because everything I've read and heard has said that either things are getting better, or they are staying just the same (on that subject... the environment/economy could very well be a different story, though I don't know enough to speak on either). So please, I'd like to see your references on that statement.

(And in response to Jesus being a woman, that's funny and kind of makes sense when you look at the way Jesus acted, but it does seem kind of silly. Don't you love crazy feminists? Not the normal ones... Just the kooks.)

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Three Good Arguments That Jesus Was a Woman, or a Black Woman, or ...

There are 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:

1. He called everyone "brother"
    2. He liked Gospel
    3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

But then there are 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Jewish:

1. He went into His Fathers business
    2. He lived at home until he was 33
    3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin and his mother thought he was God.

But then there are 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:

1. He talked with his hands
    2. He had wine with every meal
    3. He used olive oil.

But then there are 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:

1. He never cut his hair
    2. He walked around barefoot all the time
    3. He started a new religion.

But then there are 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:

1. He never got married
    2. He was always telling stories
    3. He loved green pastures.

But the most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:

1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food
    2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn't get it
    3. And even when he was dead, He had to get up because there was more work to do.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think Weeping is suffering from delusional paranoia, a posthumous psychosis of fear brought on

the thought suggestion of a unseen evil spiritual force causing great havoc and mayhem.

( Thanks to the Watchtower Publishing company no less )

I have a possible solution for her though and that is read throughly up on human history

right back to biblical times and you will realize things today are not as bad as it seems.

The greatest devil to have ever impose itself on to mankind is human ignorance of are selves and the world

in which we live.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Weeping, perhaps it is time for you to get an education. May I suggest History for starters: A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Some of the first colonies that now comprise the US were exporting tobacco from almost day one. You could say our country was built on drugs.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm doing drugs right now. I'm drinking coffee.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

America got into trouble over the preponderance of greed and corruption helped through by the supposed right Republican party,

a mostly Christian backed political party. In a democrat society sometimes you get a good proficient government and sometimes you don't.

It may take a few more years to resolve the problems from the past but they eventually will be resolved, believe in that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Now I've heard some local Sunday school teachers are teaching our children that Jesus was a woman. Shame on teachers and also parents who allow their children such lies. Stop it now.

Who are you talking to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit