Our country in bad shape

by Weeping 32 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Years ago, when America believed in religion, didn't worship Satan, when they worked, and were not using drugs, the U.S. prospered.

First, I'm not sure when exactly that was, dear Weeping (may you have peace!). I mean, given the quite heinous institution that this country was founded on (indeed, heinous institutions that most countries are founded on)... and "prospered" from as a result, your perspective doesn't make sense. At least, not "christian" sense, which you appear to be professing.

What, may I ask you, makes you think the Most Holy One of Israel has any more interest in the U.S. of A., such that our country's current... ummmmm... maladies... indicate His disinterest? What makes you think a country's "prosperity" has anything to do with God at all? I mean, given, for example, that China... which professes little interest in God at all... is "prospering" quite well, right now, on what are you basing your concern?

Isn't the WHOLE world "lying in the power of the wicked one"?

Please, I would very much like to hear what you have to say on this... in light of your tendency to give Satan SO much time... and credit.

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Here's the 'skinny'!

The Emma Maersk, part of a Danish shipping line,
    is shown in the photos below.

What a ship....no wonder 'Made in China ' is
    displacing North American made goods big time.
    This monster transports goods across the Pacific in about 5 days!!!

This is how Wal-Mart gets it's stuff from China ... it carries 15,000 containers

and has a 207' deck beam!

The crew-size: 13 people on a ship longer than a US aircraft carrier (which
    has a crew of 5,000).

Notice that 207' beam means it cannot fit through the Panama or Suez Canals .

It is strictly transpacific. Cruise speed: 31 knots.

The goods arrive 4 days before the typical container ship (18-20 knots) on
    a China-to-to California run. So this behemoth is hugely competitive when
    carrying perishable goods. The ship was built in five sections which were floated together then welded. The command bridge is higher than a 10-story building and has 11 cargo

crane rigs than can operate simultaneously.

Additional info:

Country of origin - Denmark
    Length - 1,302 ft
    Width - 207 ft
    Net cargo - 123,200 tons
    Engine - 14 cylinders in-line diesel engine (110,000 BHP)
    Cruise Speed - 31 knots
    Cargo capacity - 15,000 TEU (1 TEU = 20 cubic feet)
    Crew - 13 people !
    First Trip - Sept. 08, 2006
    Construction cost - US $145,000,000+

Silicone painting applied to the ship bottom reduces water resistance and
    saves 317,000 gallons of diesel per year.

Editorial Comment! A recent documentary in late March on the History Channel noted that nearly
    all of these containers are shipped back to China, EMPTY. Yep, that's right.
    We send nothing back on most of these ships. What does that tell you about
    the current financial state of this country? Just keep buying those imported
    goods (mostly gadgets) until you run out of money.

Then you may wonder what the cause of unemployment (maybe even your job)
    in the U.S. and Canada might be????
    'Nuff said?? Something sent to me a few weeks ago, but much of it applies not only to USA & Canada but to the rest of the western world as well.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's because politicians, starting with Abraham Lincoln, started chipping at our once-fine constitution. From that point on, it only got worse as regulations are passed to prevent business from solving our problems. By the time Osama Obama took control, we have been in a secular Dark Ages.

And, now Osama Obama is trying to make it even worse. Runaway spending, entitlements, and wasted tax dollars add to regulations preventing problems from being solved. We now have the sickness care bill, which doesn't even begin to attack why people get sick in the first place. Yet, you don't even dare claim a vitamin or herb can cure or prevent a disease even if it is true (remember the earth-is-flat doctrine?). The FDA will make sure no one attempts to cure or prevent diseases at the source, assuring us that expensive sickness care will be necessary.

I might add that both Bushes were extremely Christian (and intolerant of Muslims). Osama Obama is a closet Muslim, seeking to ruin Christianity with rules and regulations. At one time, the leaders left religion out of the picture, and things were so much better. I will also add that stricter drug laws are not the answer: Back at the founding of the country, when drugs were not a problem, drugs were actually legal--it wasn't really until after they made drugs illegal that we began having a major drug problem.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Osama Obama is a closet Muslim, seeking to ruin Christianity with rules and regulations.

Really you must have some unknown insight that 300 million other Americans do not have.

Oh yes now I remember, he's pushing that anti-Christianity Bill through congress right now.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    By the time Osama Obama took control, we have been in a secular Dark Ages.

"By the time" indicates something that was in place BEFORE, dear WTW (may you have peace!). Not that I am endorsing Mr. Obama... or any politician... but where is your... ummm... blame for Mr. Bush? Mr. Clinton? Mr. Bush? And so on. Why is the blame being placed on one who came INTO such "Dark Ages"... versus those who established them?

And, now Osama Obama is trying to make it even worse. Runaway spending, entitlements, and wasted tax dollars add to regulations preventing problems from being solved.

Again, where is your blame for, say, Franklin D. Roosevelt? What about those who put Welfare into place? Social Security? Medicare? Section 8? Childrens' Health Fund? Mr. Obama was even born when some of those programs were enacted...

We now have the sickness care bill, which doesn't even begin to attack why people get sick in the first place.

Oh, c'mon... do you REALLY think the pharmecuetical companies are going to let THAT happen? Do you REALLY think the US is fighting the Taliban over "terrorism"? Really? Let me clue you in: codeine comes from... OPIUM. So does morphine. And Oxycontin. And vicodin (which you and many here probably have in your medicine cabinets right now). And where does opium come from? Well, the three top exporters are Vietnam, Venezuela and Afghanistan. I don't think "we're" gettin' it from Vietnam anymore. Methinks the Vietnam War killed THAT source. And given the U.S. opinion of Hugo Chavez... and his of the U.S., I'm thinkin' not Venezuela. Which leaves... yes, you guessed it... Afghanistan. Opium is their NUMBER ONE crop, dear one. And we want what they got.

The U.S. citizen's intolerance of pain... phyiscal AND mental... is "why"... "we"... "get sick in the first place."

Yet, you don't even dare claim a vitamin or herb can cure or prevent a disease even if it is true (remember the earth-is-flat doctrine?). The FDA will make sure no one attempts to cure or prevent diseases at the source, assuring us that expensive sickness care will be necessary.

Mr. Obama didn't create... or promulgate the rules of... the FDA. That is claim to fame belongs to... yes, you guessed it... the pharmacuetical companies. Which I don't think Mr. Obama even owns stock in. So, again, your finger pointing confuses me. What is the basis?

I might add that both Bushes were extremely Christian (and intolerant of Muslims).

Oh, COME ON!!! Are you SERIOUS??!! Okay, dear one, let ME "enlighten" YOU: there is a REASON... and that being the fact that the Bushes are BEST BUDDIES WITH THEM... that every member of the Saudi family that was in the U.S. at the time of 911... was IMMEDIATELY whisked OUT of the country. The ONLY flights in the air... carried the Saudi family. Indeed, the Bushes... oil barons that they are... and Saudis... oil, what, Sovereigns that THEY are... are friends. And make NO mistake about it: they are friends. So, what? So... Saudis, dear one... are MUSLIMS. No, wait, they're not only Muslim... they are SHIITE Muslims (vs. Sunnis).

But let's not stop there: Iran is a Shiite Muslim state. Syria is a Shiite Muslim state. Iraq is Shiite and Sunni. Sadam Hussein was a SUNNI Muslim... and HATED by the Shiite Muslims. Including... Osama Bin Laden... who is SHIITE Muslim (which is why he called Sadam Hussein "the Infadel" and denied that Hussein had ANYTHING to do with the bombing of the World Trade Center... which was TRUE)... AND a Saudi.

Osama Bin Laden's family is the 3RD most powerful family IN Saudi Arabia... and VERY close with the Sauds (royal Saudi family). And both Papa Busy... and Baby Bush... are "in like Flynn"... with Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz. VERY close.

And it was these Shiite states that wanted Sadam Hussein... a Sunni... and thus, an 'infadel'... gone. Out of the way. And Baby Bush simply used two (2) things to accomplish that task: (1) Sadam Hussein's purchase of "yellow cake" as a fluke to make it look... TO IRAN... who had threatened nuclear war against Iraq... that Iraq also had nuclear capabilities, which it didn't - not even close; yellow cake alone does not a nuclear arsenal make - but which Baby Bush's administration used to cry "WMD!!"... and (2) Sadam's Hussein stupid and heinous retaliation against a town's young men when one of them insulted him. When there were no WMDs... the Administration said, "Well, he had 125 of his own people killed." So... yes, Sadam Hussein GAVE them the justification. But it was the Shiites who asked for it to be done. And since they're all "brothers"... so that killing Sadam Hussein themselves would have been a violation of the Koran... they had the "white devil" do it for them. And he stupidly... and readily... did. I say "stupidly" because HE thinks those folks are his friends.

Get... a... clue.

Osama Obama is a closet Muslim, seeking to ruin Christianity with rules and regulations.

Okay, first, "Christians" tend to want to lay down as many "rules and regulations" as the next religious group. Even more, in some cases. Second, you can't have it both ways: either he WAS a member of Reverend Wright's "christian" church for 20 years... and DID identify with what Mr. Wright, a "christian" (though I disagree) who married Mr. and Mrs. Obama said about "America"... or he wasn't and didn't. Muslims aren't the only ones who believe what the U.S. goes around the world doing is... well, "wrong." I often believe it. And I certainly consider myself a christian.

At one time, the leaders left religion out of the picture, and things were so much better.

WHAT??? In THIS country??? When?? I think you might need to go [back] and take a refresher course on U.S. history. The ONLY "religion" the Founding Fathers were trying to get away from was the Anglican Church [of England]. Well, and perhaps the Catholic church. But this country STARTED... with a state church (yes, I know - very few people know about that). Before there was a Constitution there were the Articles of Confederation which were agreed to in 1777 and ratified and in force in 1781. The Constitution wasn't even written until 1787 and didn't actually go into force until 1788.

The Constitution, however, only prohibited the FEDERAL government from enacting a law establishing religion. There was absolutely NO effect on STATES establishing "official" churches... and many did, including Connecticut, which had a state church until 1818... and Masschusetts, which had one until 1833 (and the Massachusetts system required every man to belong to some church, and pay taxes towards it). It wasn't until the 1947 case of Everson v. Board of Education, that the United States Supreme Court held that the 14th Amendment incorporates the First Amendment's Establishment Clause as applying to the States, and thereby prohibits state and local religious establishments. Even so, 8 states still have constitutions that prohibit atheists from holding office (which clauses have been held by the U.S. Supreme Court to be unenforceable and thus violations of the U.S. Constitution. See Torcaso v. Watkins).

I will also add that stricter drug laws are not the answer: Back at the founding of the country, when drugs were not a problem, drugs were actually legal--

Well, back then there probably weren't as many people abusing... and PROFITTING from drugs.

it wasn't really until after they made drugs illegal that we began having a major drug problem.

Actually, it wasn't until the American citizen began demanding a drug for anything and everything that ails them that we began having a problem. Certain opportunists saw the PROFIT to be made... whether through legal or illegal drugs... and will do ANYTHING to make that profit. Take out villages. Kill innocent women and children. MUCH blood has been shed on America's intolerance of pain... again, both physically AND mentally... and fear of death. In virtually every other country in the world, both are accepted as facts of life. But not here. HERE... we are on the perpetual search for everything from the fountain of youth... to ultimate escapism. Xanadu and Utopia. And here... it usually comes in a bottle. And is VERY expensive. In dollars... and in lives.

Please: get yourself to a library or a history class. A GOOD history class, taught by a professor who isn't going to water things down for you... and shade in a light favorable only to the "good 'ol" U.S. I understand your loyalty and patriotism, dear WTW... but it's off, dear one. Way off. And for those who know that, it makes you look kinda... well, uninformed... and silly.

Again, I bid you peace... and enlightenment... at least as far as these subjects go.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

wow Shelby, that was awesome!!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    A recent documentary in late March on the History Channel noted that nearly all of these containers are shipped back to China. Yep, that's right. We send nothing back on most of these ships.

Newsflash: Communist China discovers mercantilism. Profits greatly.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I think you give Satan and his lot too high a status Weeping...?

Loz x

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Newsflash: Communist China discovers mercantilism. Profits greatly.

This is an on going problem not only for Canada and the US but everywhere else in the world.

China has got a huge cheap labor force that many companies around the world are taking advantage of now.

I'm coming into more and more stories of jobs that are lost here only to find that they have been transfered to

places like China. Some of these mega factories hold thousands of on line workers who get paid on average about 6 dollars a day US.

The labor is so cheap there that manufactures can produce their products at a fraction of the cost anywhere else, ship their

products around the world and still make huge profits. What results in this China becomes a super powerful and rich nation

and other countries become weaker financially both in government and in the labor force.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Your picking on Abraham Lincoln (Really?) Is that where it began? (Really?) This 2 times I have heard you rant about Abraham Lincoln. Do you wear bed sheets?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit