The time left is reduced! NOW!
    And even more reduced NOW!
    And more NOW!
    And yet still more NOW!
    Even more reduced NOW!

It's the JW version of Zeno's paradox.

• agonus
    agonus

you're older than you've ever been and now you're even older... and now you're even older... and now you're even older...

• pirata
    pirata

The time left was reduced when this thread was started. How much more so must the time be reduced now!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome Amnesiano!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, you feel the irony of that phrase, repeated ad infinitum on that day. I asked hubby if he realized that Paul's prophecy is now 2,000 years old? If everyone had taken him literally back then, the church would have died out a long time ago from lack of progeny! More and more I agree with Leolaia that this prophecy was fulfilled with with the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, well within the time frame to make Paul's words meaningful. There is no second, current application for an end-time event.

Thank you for inspiring me to look up Zeno's paradox, a great picture.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

jgnat;is you hubby still a Dub?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, hubby is still a JW. Spices things up.

• agonus
    agonus

funny, i don't generally mentally equate "JWs" with "spice"...

• Balsam
    Balsam

The time is reduced "NOW" wow same words same urgency and here it is nearly 100 years later, nothing ever changes does it. LOL

• jgnat
    jgnat

I didn't say he was a GOOD witness. He likes my spunk. It's why he married me. That and my extreme patience.

I tend towards the cerebral; he asks what's for dinner. He keeps me grounded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit