Spring Assembly - The Time is Reduced

by jgnat 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm back from the spring assembly, theme "The Time Left is Reduced", 1 Corinthians 7:29. The presentations were smug in the face of a torrent of world wide tough news stories. These should be the glory days for the assemblies. However, attendance is down, significantly. There were no baptismal candidates. Attendance was down to 598 this year from 907 in 2003.

The internet, facebook, and twitter were mentioned by name from the stage, but in a softer light. The speaker advised his listeners to track how many hours are spent on the internet and if they are excessive, to trim it down. I have to thank the society for mentioning facebook by name a few years ago. Their admonition inspired me to join. Now it seems they are taking the approach of tolerance with moderation. The internet is here to stay.

The keynote speaker was Bob Ramsie[sic] from Bethel headquarters here in Canada. He spoke with pride about the new printing presses and increased production. I tried really hard to focus on his talk, as I have learned that the Watchtower meat will be hidden in his potatoes. But I had a lot of trouble concentrating. He spoke of patience and humility, of working out personal differences, and praising the value of family worship night. The most unusual portion of his talk was his emphasis on "office romeos" and the temptation of extramarital affairs at the workplace. I don't recall the office being a cesspot of sexual opportunity. Are Witnesses spending too much time fraternizing with the "worldly" at work?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Rob Ramsie.... I remember him.

Um, you actually went? My goodness, jgnat, I'll send you some cash for a vacation. You surely need it now, plus a full treatment at the spa.

How was Devils Lake?

Are they still using dirt devil carpet cleaners?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nice to have you back Jgnat..

Just reading your post makes me cringe..LOL!!

I couldn't sit for a single minute,in any WBT$ environment..

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ha, I've got my assembly attendance down to a fine art. Notebook and pencil. Snacks. Bathroom breaks. Snoozes. I-phone and novel. My notebook is full of sketches and observations. At previous assemblies I've written out entire project proposals for work.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Pretty much with you, Outlaw. One look at those cheap suits and I wanna puke.

I'd rather go to a cock fight (that's rooster fight, you dirty dog) in Mexico than an assembly.

• jgnat
    jgnat

What gets me about Devil's lake is that they've covered over any windows with a view of the lake from the seating area, and put up a great chain link fence around the property to prevent any congregationalists from falling in. Being Alberta, it was sunny and cold.

• shamus100
    shamus100

God forbid one would actually want to see the "beauty of jehovah" from the windows, LOL. I wonder if the poor fellow that looks after that place is still there 24/7 like being in house arrest or something. I do mean, really. Not much of a life, no?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"The Time Left is Reduced". DUH! - it's as dumb as saying "After taking a sip from the cup (or the lake), the liquid in it was reduced. I really commend your mental fortitude for keeping a straight face there... -Yan

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What gets me about Devil's lake is that they've covered over any windows with a view of the lake from the seating area,

and put up a great chain link fence around the property to prevent any congregationalists from falling in. Being Alberta, it was sunny and cold.

LOL!!..

JW`s never shut up about a paradise earth..Then go to the effort of blocking out a beautiful view..

The chain link fence is to keep JW`s from purposely drowning themselves in the lake..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

OUtlaw,

ROFL!

HAHAHAHA!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit