More from the June 15th WT on the Love at the meetings.

by life is to short 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Pettiness is common.

For some reason I read that as "pantslessness is common".

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    That's by design. The Emotional control the Borg directs its followers toward is very narrow. It consists of mainly two emotions: fear and guilt. This particular example is a case of inducing feelings of guilt. Nothing reduces self-esteem and builds dependency like guilt.

Mad, dont forget social conformance. Invalid and forcefully jammed down the dubs' throath here, but hey who cares... -Yan

• onemore
    onemore

“low number of people who are genuinely happy.

And often I noticed that they are the ones with good jobs, not pioneers, and hold little or no “privileges” in the congregation.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

JW's on their way to the meeting/service/etc...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They tell members they are happy, they hear it enough, they are afraid to say (even to themselves) that they are not happy. If they break the fear, it only goes so far as to admit it to themselves and maybe a close friend, the close friends says not to say anything.

And yes, they tell the members how to have social gatherings, how to behave at a hotel or in restaurants, what to wear even when not in the recruiting work, where to work, what to do/not do for entertainment, yadda yadda yadda. They are, after all, a dangerous mind-control cult.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    Our Christian brother and sisters are not mere passing acquaintances, superficial associates with whom we casually meet now and again. They are true friends

True friends? That's such a false statement it's laughable. I was in for 30 years and since I've faded 3 years ago I have been visited a total of 7 times by different "friends" one was a formal visit by an elder and the rest were stop by visit while they were out in field service.

That averages out to 2.33 visits per year by my "friends" I see passing acquaintances more then that.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    And yes, they tell the members how to have social gatherings, how to behave at a hotel or in restaurants, what to wear even when not in the
    recruiting work, where to work, what to do/not do for entertainment, yadda yadda yadda.

And to that, we have all said here (in one form or another): FU€K YOU!

-Yan

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

They keep saying this because they know the love is simply not there. They reason that if they keep saying it, some people will rise to the occasion. But, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. This pathetic religion gets a failing grade in this area. The belief system and culture and mentality doesn't lend itself to a loving attitude. The friendships are conditional. People are constantly judging and on top of it all, they are encouraged to pursue poverty and they prey upon other people in the congregation who they perceive they can get something out of. How can any of this lead to love???

In all my years there the only true love I witnessed was between extended families. Maybe, just maybe if somebody was a gung-ho pioneer they got invited more than other people, but I wouldn't really categorize that as love. People very often did this just because they felt they SHOULD.

If you fell into any other category, such as a single woman who works, then you were left out in the cold. My friends were very few, which was fine with me. People simply had no use for you if you weren't an EASY MARK and wouldn't let yourself be exploited, drained and destroyed! But, then again, wanting somebody around because they can be exploited can hardly be called love. Can it?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s need to be Reminded..

They are happy..

The WBT$..

Disfellowships Unhappy Jehovah`s Witness`s..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit