More from the June 15th WT on the Love at the meetings.

by life is to short 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

That's one reason why I want to/am in the process of leaving. The love simply isn't there. I dreaded going to meetings. The drama was too much, and the gossip was disgusting.

"Our Christian brother and sister are not mere passing acquaintances, superficial associates with whom we casually meet now and again. They are true friends, people we love and respect. We receive much joy and comfort by regularly assembling with them at our meetings.-Philem. 7."

The only real friends I've had were "worldly" people from school who had better morals than my witness friends. Too bad I cut off my association with them 10 years ago because I was trying to be a good girl and only associate with the superficial women in my hall.

• agonus
    agonus

"So people blame themselves instead of discerning what the real problem is - that the meetings themselves are dull, spirit-sapping, clique-filled, and depressing."

right... the fellowship is fine but the "worship" is absolute crap

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

through the guidance of the gubberning body's letters many congregations do NOT do ANY gatherings at all.

they figure that why chance making a mistake, let's not do it at all

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE Is TOO SHORT- Good thread as usual ! Good job. Having been raised in the JW cult from birth I remember being in my teens in the late 1970's and early 1980's getting together for congregation picnics in large groups and they never " got out of hand " ! But as soon as the GB expelled Ray Franz and DFed others from Bethel for reading the Bible in home groups - immediately the control started coming into the congregation service meetings with parts about only socially having small groups, i.e. 10 or less at our homes ! The GB started getting paranoid about witnesses getting together too much socially in larger numbers because it was " out of the GB's control" . What the leaders of this cult can't control- they minimize , diss, or eliminate. Very cultish indeed. In all the years I was a witness I probably had 3 really close JW guy friends. 2 are dead, and the remaining one now shuns me because he is " scared " I don't share the new " generation " views. These people are mind controlled- and are easily led sheeple

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    To help contribute to a memorable and upbuilding occasion, it is best to keep social gatherings small and to make sure that they are properly supervised, especially if any alcohol is served."

For the past seven Fourth of July celebrations I have had at least 100 "worldly" people at our parties. Imagine, not one fight, nothing broken or stolen, not even a bit of fornication, and many people stay after the fireworks to clean up the yard and my kitchen. It must be some kind of miracle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit