Why would God stop man from building a tower that reached into the "heavens" and yet let modern man reach even further with a space station and moon landings?

by StoneWall 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Rudyard Kipling wrote the JUST SO stories which were tales designed to explain why things are as they are.

They were fanciful and imaginative and fictional. Just like the Bible. (Only more entertaining!)

Table of Contents: How the Whale Got His Throat, How the Camel Got His Hump, How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin, How the Leopard Got His Spots, The Elephant's Child, The Sing-Song of Old Man Kangaroo, The Beginning of the Armadillos, How the First Letter was Written, How the Alphabet was Made, The Crab that Played with the Sea, The Cat that Walked by Himself, The Butterfly that Stamped

• JWoods
    JWoods
    the answer I got was (condensending chuckle) "that's how Jehovah created different languages" (more laughing and chuckling).

Which brings up the question of why he didn't just create different languages naturally (like the different races).

But, like Terry says - enough of this ridiculous topic. Let's get back to the valuable and all-important thread against Darwinism.

• Open mind
    Open mind

JWoods re-wording and slightly changing my parent's point:

Sky Daddy himself did not know FOR SURE

No. Jehovah knew from day one everything that was going to happen.

(Except, he only uses that foreknowledge now and then to have a peek at the future and accomplish his will. Somehow that's supposed to satisfy JWs that they still possess free will. Off topic. 'Nother thread.)

Jehovah has lovingly allowed millenia of human suffering to occur so that any possible future rebels won't be able to say he just exercised his might but didn't prove his way was right.

It's all in the "What Does the Bible Really Teach" book.

om

• dgp
    dgp

The question is all the more curious now. YHWH didn't want us to reach "the heavens". Well, Edwin Aldrin should have got killed by a justice-making lightning by now, don't you think? And the makers of those tiny nice small cars that take samples from Mars, aren't they messing with the heavens?

One fine day, a Russian satellite will give an angel a black eye.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The Bible is mainly fiction.

• pirata
    pirata

Within the context of the Bible, I figured it was because God told humans to fill the earth, but they had not yet done that. They should have been spreading out around the earth instead of concentrating themselves in one place.

Now that we have overpopulated the earth, there's nowhere to go but up!

• Terry
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone who goes to the 3rd floor in Bethel..

Instantly learns a New Language..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• dgp
    dgp

Terry, now that you post that image, Satan just inspired me another question.

What will YHWH do with miners, who go very deep down?

• gutted
    gutted

Only recently having my eyes opened my Dub inclinations would answer:

1. The motivation behind this tower (as other posters have stated) was in direct opposition to God, whereas the buildings/space travel today is not doing so directly.

2. Gods intervention in the early history of humankind was much more so then today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit