Can the internet apostates bring down the WTBS?

by Lozhasleft 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I saw a thread on another forum suggesting this...based on all the info so readily available to so many nowadays...its certainly true that the society is warning all the witnesses about it...

What do you think? Is it possible that it could seriously affect their status? Or not?

Loz x

• Terry
    Terry

Can ants spoil a picnic?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Why else would they forbid their members from reading here?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Good analogy Terry...lol quite a simple one too...

Loz x

• nugget
    nugget

It helps but the control is very hard to break through. Those truly under the thumb would not put themselves in danger from wretched apostates.

Those most likely to get the benefit are those who know someone studying and want to educate themselves, the young and rebellious who are not yet under the cosh and those who are curious.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It will not totally destroy it, because the witlesses are programmed to view outside information as from Satan. It might make people that would have studied think twice before joining, however--and that might discourage a few witlesses. What might destroy the Washtowel Slaveholdery is their stupid rules against having children--including recent directives reiterating staying celibate. They might have gotten away with that during the 1940s and the 1969-75 periods, but with new recruits dying out, something like that would cut off the source of new members. And, they could end up going the way of the Shakers.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I don’t think the internet alone will bring down the WTS, but it’s obvious that in the countries with readily available internet, the numbers of publishers are falling.

It’s allowing witnesses who may have been having some doubts to investigate their religion. I never thought I’d ever leave “the truth” but here I am, 10 years after first typing “jehovah’s witnesses” into my computer search engine!

• Lieu
    Lieu

No, and why would you care to try? Stop trying to return injury for injury. Leave them behind and move on with your life. Everyone gets whats coming to them sooner or later.

Most you can do is hope they change the faux doctrine to come into the 21st century & stop lying to everyone.

Don't be like them and try to force something on members. People will leave on their own as their eyes are opened.

• just a reader
    just a reader

This topic brought this scripture to mind.. Acts 5:38

New International Version(©1984)
    Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail.

New Living Translation(©2007)
    "So my advice is, leave these men alone. Let them go. If they are planning and doing these things merely on their own, it will soon be overthrown.

English Standard Version(©2001)
    So in the present case I tell you, keep away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or this undertaking is of man, it will fail;

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    This topic brought this scripture to mind.. Acts 5:38

Good point JaR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit