The evidently thread

by JeffT 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Since the term "this generation" evidently means "two generations" I think we should have our discussion of things that are evidently true. No need to limit it to the bible, but I'll start off with one.

1 Tim. 3 "2Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife" evidently means everybody else can have as many wives as they want.

The politician said he was not going to tax people unless they are rich. Since you are being taxed, evidently, you are rich.

I'm tired, I'm sure you guys can come up with better ones.

• peaches
    peaches

since i am being taxed,,,,i evidently must be rich,,,so then the society must evidently be poor because they are not taxed...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    1 Tim. 3 "2Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife"

Evidentally, the overseer must be married.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Since I'm a man and Anne Hathaway only dates men...

evidently I have a real shot with her .

(If something is so evident to the JW magazine writers, why didn't they figure it out before? )

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Since the generation explanation is constantly changing, the governing body is evidently confused.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Spirit-directed" can evidently mean "directed by an evil spirit" since the Governing Body has been wrong so many times.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Since holding on to "old truth" can result in disfellowshipping for apostasy because of not accepting "new truth" evidently any truth can also be a lie.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

y 2eyb6ard 5s 05ssbehav5ng. h6*e a restart w533 f5x 5t.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That was a worry. My keyboard wouldn't co-operate. What I had typed was:

My keyboard is misbehaving. I hope a restart will fix it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I notice that there is only one 'evidently' in the lowest 'bait' publications, and the frequency increases with the level of indoctrination.

I don't think any of my family members have ever noticed the insertion of the word in any Watchtower litterababble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit