The evidently thread

by JeffT 21 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Evidently what was apparently believed to be correct was apparently not evident at all.

• belbab
    belbab

1 Tim. 3 "2Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife

According to Jesus' words about divorce, these words evidently mean that the overseer has never divorced a wife in the past.

Seriously

I don't believe this text means that the overseer cannot have two wives at the same time.

belbab

• sacolton
    sacolton

Evidently, they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Evidently, I am NOT broke, as I still have cheques left.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I love this thread and I'm going to think long and hard about it and come up with something witty and funny so I must evedently be witty and funny.

LD

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Evidently Webster doesn't know the proper definition of generation and the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society, Incorporated should do mankind a favor and publish a current and accurate dictionary.

• agonus
    agonus

Since "new light" technically meets the WT's criteria for "apostasy", evidently it is truth when they say it but apostate lies when anyone else does.

• pirata
    pirata

1) Evidently, the evidence showw we were wrong, which brings us to a new understanding.

2) Evidently, this lends support to our argument, so we'll assume this is what it means.

3) Evidently, there are external pressures to change, so we'll make it a conscience matter.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

If the governing body is part of the group that will act as kings and judges of all the earth than evidently abraham was right when he said "is the judge of all the earth not going to do what is right"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Evidently..

" Some" Chickens can Dance..

http://victors_realm.tripod.com/Animals/danchic.gif

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit