Satan is after Jehovah's people and tries to stop us from spreading the good news

by life is to short 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• life is to short
    life is to short

OK the last three days I have been working a ton and have not had the time to read the responses from my other posts but I intend to as soon as I have a minute. This June 15th WT seems to be filled with outrages stuff. Or maybe I am just really tired and sick of this religion. My husband is still going and sometimes I just want to scream. I listen to the CD's while I am driving just to keep up with the stuff that my husband may through at me. This way I know what could be coming at me. Some I know think it is crazy but as long as I am married I am still attached to this religion wither I like it or not.

OK so on page 18 of the WT it talks about Satan. This is really long and I do not know how to scan it so I will type it out. Here it is.

"To hinder us from spreading the good news, Satan and the demons are actively trying to disrupt happy families and congregations. They try to sow discord, knowing that internal divisions are destructive. (Matt. 12:25) In combating their evil influence, we do well to follow Paul's counsel: "A slave fo the lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all." (2 TIm. 2:24) Remember that our fight is, "not against blood and flesh, but....against the wicked spirit forces."To succeed in this fight, we need to employ spiritual armor, including "the equipment of the good news of peace."

From outside of the congregation, Jehovah's enemies launch vicious attacks on his peaceful people. Some of these enemies assault Jehovah's Witnesses physically. Others slander us in the press or in the courts. Jesus told his followers to expcet this. (Matt. 5:11,12) How should we react? We must never "return evil for evil," in word or deed.

Regardless of what the Devil brings upon us, by "conquering the evil with the good," we can give a fine witness. For example, a congregation on one Pacific island rented a hall for the Memorial. Learning of this, local church officials told their parishioners to gather in that hall for a church service at the time scheduled for our event. The chief of police, however, ordered the church officials to make the hall available for the Witnesses by that time. Nevertheless, when the hour came, the hall was filled with church memeber and their service began.

While the police were preparing to clear the hall by force, the church president came to one of our elders and asked: "Do you have something special planned for this evening?" The brother told him about the Memorial, and the man replied: "Oh, I didn't Know!" At that, a policeman exclaimed: "But we told you this morning!" The churchman turned to the elder and with a sly smile said: "What are you going to do now? We have a hall full of people. Ar you ging to have the police chase us out?" He had cunningly maneuvered matters to make the Witnesses appear to be the persecutors! How would our brother respond?

The Witnesses offered to let the church hold a half-hour service, after which the brothers would proceed with the Memorial. The church service ran overtime, but after the church members filed out, the Memorial went ahead. The next day, the government convened an official board of inquiry. After considering the facts, the board obliged the church to announce that the cause of the problem had been, not the Witnesses, but the president of the church. The borad also thanked Jehovah's Witnesses for their patient handling of a difficult situation. The Witnesses' efforts to "be peaceable with all men" had borne good fruit."

OK I am tired of typing but how crazy is this. Is this truly the only experience that they could come up with?

LITS

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

The last few times I went to Watchtower studies, about 3 or 4 years ago, I remember that every time they'd read something that made me want to roll my eyes, I'd answer back in my head in a smart ass tone. Finally I found myself doing it nearly every question!

Then, I realized...I'd actually been doing that for YEARS. It was just sort of pushed down by guilt and fear, but there was always this little "devil on my shoulder" nudging me and whispering, "Can you believe this crap?" in my head.

There were times I'd really be trying to come back, but they'd read something like the above about Satan and I'd hear the Church Lady in my head and I'd about have to stick my fist in my mouth to keep from laughing out loud.

I would go to the bathroom at times, and sit in a stall and literally bite my fist. I just wish I'd have realized this was a sign that I should never go back long before I did.

I remember wondering at times if it really was Satan who was making me think these "bad thoughts", but no...it was just plain old common sense kicking in.

• dgp
    dgp

Satan is stupid. Doesn't he know he will lose his war anyways?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Praise seitan!!

Oh wait, ......I misunderstood the assignment......

(Google seitan, this is funnier than it seems....)

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The next day, the government convened an official board of inquiry. After considering the facts, the board obliged the church to announce that the cause of the problem had been, not the Witnesses, but the president of the church.

The government perforemed an inquiry to see who's fault it was?

Were talking about someone who rented/scheduled a room for an event that went overtime,

and the govenrments involved?

The inquiry wasn't about anyone being injured, or anything getting stolen it was JUST TO SEE WHO WAS AT FAULT FOR NOT CLEARING OUT A RENTED ROOM IN TIME?

• dgp
    dgp

I was under the impression that every day there are more brothers and sisters out there preaching the good news. Either the society is lying, or Satan is very stupid and there's really nothing to worry about.

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Another great thread by you. Thanks for posting. The quote, " From outside of the congregation, Jehovah's enemies launch vicious attacks on his peaceful people. Others slander us in the COURTS or the PRESS. " Translation : " Anything negative you hear about the WT society or JW's in courts or the news media are all LIES put forth by Satan and Jehovah's enemies. " Jeez- this pisses me off. It's mind control at it's worst !

If the WT society can convince witnesses that EVERY NEGATIVE report are lies in the media or courts - JW's will just think they are being persecuted by Satan and his agents. It's a way of once again promoting fear and paranoia in JW's to make the world seem so evil and that EVERYONE is against them ! So even if Jehovah's Witnesses DO break the law, or have child abuse reports - they are trying to convince their members the courts and media are lying- even if the courts and media are telling the truth ! Makes ME just want to scream. It forces JW's to turn their minds off. No critical thinking. The leaders of this cult are evil

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A strange story. I would imagine that, if they made it up, it would have ended with the church people staying for the Memorial and many of them are now having Bible studies. So I imagine it's based on something true.

But efforts to disrupt a dangerous mind-control cult are not necessarily persecution from Satan. I suppose the Catholic Church could claim that printed Watchtower material about them is persecution from Satan.

JW's do love their own persecution complex.

• sspo
    sspo

Every "Christian" out there claims of persecution from Satan and blessings from God.

They see them both everywhere!

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Sorry to say but that story is so darn made up.... you really think the govenment is going to get involved in a petty room scheduling error.. please I know some preist that are more humble and kind then any elders......give me a break...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit