Satan is after Jehovah's people and tries to stop us from spreading the good news

by life is to short 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• designs
    designs

It helps that is was on an unnamed Island far far away .............

Yesterday I was approached by a car group of Witnesses while putting gas in my truck, fascinating hearing the speel in a 30 second sound bite.

Moshe, I saw three buzzards in the road picking at a juicy carcas.........maybe it was a sign

• Mary
    Mary

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous. As per usual, the study article does not specify what specific "slander" the media spread about JWs, but I will venture a guess that they're talking about both the pedophile problem and the blood doctrine, both of which has caused the Society an enormous amount of embarassment----even more so than all of their failed prophecies put together. If this is just "slander" then why don't they use some proof and evidence in the WT article that none of the accusations are true? After all, accusing God's Chosen Ones of some serious crimes is not a trivial matter, or at least it shouldn't be.

But in true Dub-dumb fashion, they evade questions and answers that might reveal the depth of their crimes, and instead spend far more space and ink talking about how there was a screw up on a rental hall somewhere "on one Pacific island" (probably Gilligan's fault) between the WTS and another church. Bridling in their smug, superior and delusional fashion, they naturally assumed that the screw up was intentional (probably at the behest of Satan himself) and slap themselves on the back because it was found that the other church was in error.

I also have serious doubts as to the validity of this story anyway. The "government convened an official board of inquiry" because of a screw up on a hall rental???!! Riiiight. Since when did any government get involved in something as trival as a double-booking??

• heathen
    heathen

I hate the way they always play the victim , like they never did anything to provoke anybody . I got news for them , they do plenty to add to their own misery. I can testify that satan is very active amongst them and they are a bunch of lousy miserable fauds .

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"As per usual, the study article does not specify what specific "slander" the media spread about JWs, but I will venture a guess that they're talking about both the pedophile problem and the blood doctrine, both of which has caused the Society an enormous amount of embarassment."

I remember the good old days when they were actually proud of all the people their blood doctrine killed, especially kids, but alas, that was before the attorneys took over the Borg.

• Mary
    Mary

OMG.....I found out where this happened!! I guess it really did happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY&feature=related

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "To hinder us from spreading the good news, Satan and the demons are actively trying to disrupt happy families and congregations. They try to sow discord, knowing that internal divisions are destructive.

I wonder what form these demons take, and what it is that they do? The article may conjure up an idea of naughty little gremlins or pixies running around placing banana skins to slip up on . A J W would no doubt say that this is being silly and too literal. But O K what then?? Can they explain what demon a does or how they do it?

In reality demons are a handy excuse to pin the blame on for anything that is bad, or the dubs dislike ( an ex C/O relative told me once that a post-Thriller Michael Jackson "was demonised") Some Witnesses blame anything from, house fires to missing a bus, on "The Demons" It is a way of avoiding personal responsibility. It is also a handy fear used by the WTS to keep the flock in line..

• dissed
    dissed

Blues Brother - "Some Witnesses blame anything from, house fires to missing a bus, on "The Demons" It is a way of avoiding personal responsibility."

That's how I viewed the jist of this whole article. They are trying to explain away why reports are bad now and will be getting worse in the future.

Its the Demons! And not the 'Gilligan's' of the Governing Body.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If a witness can't find his car keys so he can go to the meeting for service its "Satan" trying to hinder them and not their own bonehead mistake. I've known witnesses who prayed for help to find their keys so they could do "Jehovah's will". Children starving in the world and they need help finding their keys to go bother people. Sheeesh.

• ziddina
  • steve2
    steve2

Your question is actually self-answering:

The Watchtower provides babyfood in due season for babies. Babies swallow anything if it's yummy. The only reflex is to keep opening their mouths and swallowing the food if hungry.

The primal part of the brain is involved in eating; the cognitive or reasoning part (the prefrontal cortex) of the brain is not necessary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit