Have They Found Noah's Ark ? - Again.....

by BluesBrother 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"There is a story circulating around the net, started by a group called Noah’s Ark Ministries, which claims they have found Noah’s Ark on Mount Ararat in Turkey.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have brought back wood specimens from atop Mount Ararat in Turkey that they believe to be from Noah’s Ark. Claiming they found a wood structure with compartments and samples that date carbon date to 4,800 years ago, they say it is 99% certain it is the Ark of biblical fame. "

http://thepostanything.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978201133&grpId=3659174697244816

The article has a video showing people inside what is evidently a man made structure, but note that the audio is apparently Chinese

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

(NB My take on it...Sounds a little too good to be true for an Ark hunter)

• finallysomepride
  • Caedes
    Caedes

It's funny how they always need more money to confirm your bias for 'research'

• Perry
    Perry

So, what's something like this doing above 13,000 ft on Ararat?

Full Story

• superpunk
    superpunk

The team says it recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey at an altitude of 13,000 feet and that carbon dating suggested it was 4,800 years old.

I really love Christian's selective appreciation of scientific dating methods.

• behemot
    behemot

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/04/latest_ark_finding_is_a_fake.php

Latest Ark finding is a fake

Category: Creationism

This is completely unsurprising. An account from Randall Price has emerged; Price is a notorious Ark-hunter, young earth creationist, and professor at Liberty University, so he has good kook credentials and is the kind of guy who desperately wants the recent claims of the discovery of Noah's Ark to be true, making this an admission contrary to his biases…of course, it turns out he also has a money motive to begrudge the Chinese evangelicals their 'discovery'. But this is also a familiar story.

I was the archaeologist with the Chinese expedition in the summer of 2008 and was given photos of what they now are reporting to be the inside of the Ark. I and my partners invested $100,000 in this expedition (described below) which they have retained, despite their promise and our requests to return it, since it was not used for the expedition. The information given below is my opinion based on what I have seen and heard (from others who claim to have been eyewitnesses or know the exact details).

To make a long story short: this is all reported to be a fake. The photos were reputed to have been taken off site near the Black Sea, but the film footage the Chinese now have was shot on location on Mt. Ararat. In the late summer of 2008 ten Kurdish workers hired by Parasut, the guide used by the Chinese, are said to have planted large wood beams taken from an old structure in the Black Sea area (where the photos were originally taken) at the Mt. Ararat site. In the winter of 2008 a Chinese climber taken by Parasut's men to the site saw the wood, but couldn't get inside because of the severe weather conditions. During the summer of 2009 more wood was planted inside a cave at the site. The Chinese team went in the late summer of 2009 (I was there at the time and knew about the hoax) and was shown the cave with the wood and made their film. As I said, I have the photos of the inside of the so-called Ark (that show cobwebs in the corners of rafters - something just not possible in these conditions) and our Kurdish partner in Dogubabyazit (the village at the foot of Mt. Ararat) has all of the facts about the location, the men who planted the wood, and even the truck that transported it.

A similar phenomenon took place in Paluxy River, Texas. Some creationists find fossil footprints that look vaguely (to the biased eye) human, pretty soon a flood of evangelical Christians are searching the area for confirmation, and very quickly, the locals, being no dummies and seeing a tourism goldmine, start carving up even better footprints.

You can hardly blame the Turks around Ararat. There's a lot of money being poured into the local economy from these numerous creationist expeditions. It only makes sense to salt a few sites with chunks of wood.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is a full size Replica of Noahs Ark.....Built by Johan Huiber from Holland..

How anyone thinks this would hold 2 of every animal on the planet and supplies is beyond reason..

It`s to small to carry that many animals and too large for a family to maintain..

http://freekick.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/noahs-ark_replica.jpg

This is a Picture of the "Noah`s Ark Story" Sinking..

http://theftisgood.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/sinking_ship.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LOL Outlaw.

• bohm
    bohm

The only mystery is why anyone would go to such length to create such an obvious hoax.

• Perry
    Perry

There is also the Rainbow Inscription found by Edward Crawford, a former draftsman illustrator for the U.S. military.

Translation:

Savor (accepted), God’s sacrificial altar covenant of the sky-bright bow [or rainbow] (wild ox, ram, lamb among the animals sacrificed ), go forth therefore [a hortatory] let man and woman procreate, give birth to multitudes.

Insertion:

A reciprocal arrangement regarding the protection of the inscriptions:

These inscriptions are of inestimable importance to the whole of mankind. Only after the Turkish Deputy Minister of Culture in Charge of Monuments, Museums, and Archaeological Excavations, assured me in 1993 that I would be allowed to go to the Mountain and designate these inscriptions and that the inscriptions would then be protected by the appropriate Turkish authorities did I agreed to publish the discovery of the Ahora Covenant Inscription. The Deputy Minister said that the matters for which I had applied would not proceed and that no permission would be granted unless “a notice of discovery was published in an internationally recognized scientific publication”. In compliance, I published the notice of the discovery of these proto-Sumerian pictograms and specifically the Ahora Covenant Inscription in Research & Exploration , a Scholarly Publication of the National Geographic Society , Autumn 1994 issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit