Do you still pray? Why?

by gubberningbody 42 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I pray every day.

Why? Well despite the WTBTS experience I still believe in God and I think he would want us to talk to him.

The Scotsman

• wobble
    wobble

I do not pray .

I do not believe the god (s) of the bible exist, or the gods of other religions.

If a higher intelligence or form of life exists, I yet have to see any evidence to support such a "being" that stands the scrutiny of common sense and scientific enquiry.

However, I do miss not being able to say "Thank You" to the provider of all that is good and beautiful in this universe. I used to pray a prayer of thanks everyday for beauty in nature and in people.

Wobble

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No, even when I was in I hardly ever did

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

edited: double post for some reason! Dooh

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

As a witness, I used to pray.

Until one day I stopped in mid-prayer, with the realisation that no one was listening. Since then, I haven’t prayed.

• teel
    teel

The first video made some points, but they were blurred by the blatant appeal to flattery fallacy. Come on, every intelligent person should see the problem with that video

As others said before me: inner peace is the undeniable result of prayer, and that was not part of the scientific study.

• wobble
    wobble

I meant to say on my previous post that I do believe prayer has a power, an effect that is tangible.

I just do not believe that the efficacy of prayer in certain instances, as in the example above , bringing inner peace, is any proof of god's existence.

Wobble

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

We had a falling out, so I refuse to talk until I get an apology.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Prayer can help one to focus on the problem and identify the root cause. Often talking thorough a problem aloud, to yourself, is enough to provide enough clarity to formulate a solution.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I talk to myself on a regular basis, some times the answers worry me LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit