Are the GB members and other elite persons captives as well?

by darthfader 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cult classic
    cult classic

They aren't that bright. They aren't that wise. They don't have any deep knowledge of the Bible...................LOL you got that right

Cult Classic

• darthfader
    darthfader

So we have a few votes for lying scumbags looking to prophet (sic) and build empires on the backs of the rank and file. And we have a couple votes for "lucky" nitwits who are just perpetuating the machine out of fear and loss of social contact.

So I think (as rightly suggested by Flipper) I need to look at their track record. I have seen/read many articles and journals (including the books by Ray Franz) explaining in great detail the failure and fraud of the WTBS. Is there a concise list (bullet points with references) of clear points someplace that I can use as a foundation for discussions with my family members who are still in? Thanks all!

Darth Fader

• sabastious
    sabastious

They arn't captives, but that's the wrong question alltogether.

Think about dictators that command mass genocide. They never WANT to kill millions of people, they just JUSTIFY it as the ONLY OPTION. The same goes for the Governing Body. They do know that they are using manipulation tactics, but it's for the "good of their members"

They know best, and I know for a fact that they 100% believe that.

-Sab

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

My opinion ... I think they are captives. The publishing company became an evolving religion that has grown and lives. The GB has inherited the responsiblity to feed it and discover new light when things go wrong. I think they are controlled by it like the rank & file. Most if not all of them know nothing else. Where would they go? The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. is the monster, all witnesses are its puppets.

That brings me to another thing that has bouncing around in my small mind. New light. The illustration used about this is always how the day dawns and as it gets brighter what was merely a shadow takes form ... etc. etc. ... but why is it that new light always seems to come because the Organization messed up. Instead of a gradual increased understanding of Bible truth, it is oops what was that I tripped over, what went wrong, I must turn around an look back with my trusty flashlight to come up with an explanation.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In an email I received from R Franz, he felt that of the GB members from the 70's some were believers that it was Gods organization whilst others were realistic that it was not but were too addicted to the power and stability to contemplate stepping down. They in general are aware of the problems, but convince themselves it is God's organization because there is nowhere better. Remember you don't get to be GB until a lifetime of indoctrination and many years of serve at top levels, so they are somewhat aware and immune to the issues that arise.

• moshe
    moshe

Knowing what I know now, then sure the GB could play the game and realize that the WatchTower Publishing company religion is just a man made religion that is providing what the rank and file JW's demand, namely structure, a purpose in life and the belief they are doing God's will. Now the rank and file would all leave or protest, if they weren't getting what they wanted. Shoot, even many JW's who have wised up still want to be a doormat for those old geezers in Bethel. If the GB doesn't provide a false religion for the JW's they will just go to another faith based religion.

• dgp
    dgp

But, Moshe, the fact that some people need someone to keep them as slaves does not mean the slaveholders are not immoral.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit