Are the GB members and other elite persons captives as well?

by darthfader 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• darthfader
    darthfader

I know that the masses have definitely drunk the kool-aid – but does that same conviction flow all the way to the top? Is there a clear line between those following and those “in the know”? What current proof is there that the leadership is not captive, but the captor? There’s probably no smoking gun is there…

Darth Fader

• cantleave
    cantleave

I don't believe the newer members of the GB, nor the WT corporate men and lawyers are captives of the concept. They may have been once once, but they remain now because of the perks.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I don't think those men are so insidious that they're sticking with their convictions for the perks. Possibly Barr and Jaracz are so deluded, and have invested so much emotionally into the current doctrines that its impossible for them to let go. The others though, I wonder if what prevents them from making a play is fear. This entire organization is built upon uniformity, so much so that it makes one nervous to introduce or say anything foreign. Being a part of the GB is probably like a living Chess game. Probably a lot of intrigue, contemplation, fear, mistrust, etc.. Imagine yourself being apart of it, and developing a doubt over a doctrine thats been in place for 30 years? Especially a doctrine that you know the older more established members appear to believe in strongly. Now imagine yourself contemplating whether or not to express your thoughts to another member on the body, if not the whole body. As another poster mentioned on another thread, its going to be interesting to see what happens when the old guard starts dying off. Thought Jaracz was out of here last year, and remember the shockwaves the rumors caused? Time will tell.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Interesting points! I didn’t think about the Fear aspect.. They are bound by the same handcuffs that all the rank and file are. Fear of the big DF! It's a group conscience thing. They are all bound by the thoughts/feelings of the greater group. Kind of like an emergent intelligence, more insidious than any one individual.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I have often wondered about this in the last few months.

• dgp
    dgp

I agree with Cantleave. They have all the information. They are behind the new overlapping generation teaching, for example. They know what they are doing and why.

• cult classic
    cult classic

How can they not know what is up? They are the ones that come up with this crap. They are the ones voting on things. They know that Jehovah is not speaking to them directly and that Jesus is not leading them. I have a hard time believing that they are not in on the con. The higher up you go in this organization the more you learn how"unspiritual" these guys are. Apart from talking about their convention talks and travels they hardly mention the bible or spiritual things. And if you ask them something specific you get these canned answers....."wait on Jehovah", "just serve whole-souled", "just stay in the truth". Pleeeaaaassse. They are not captives. They are benefactors.

Well maybe they are captives.........of their own arrogance

Cult Classic

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I think that they do know what they're doing and why...but are they deluding themselves in their own captivity to the concept now? Do they possibly really believe its because it's the RIGHT thing to do? Wrongly of course... Loz x Sorry I may be having a 'blonde' moment here but I know what I mean...

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with CANTLEAVE & DGP. The leaders of the WT society and Jehovah's Witness cult know what they are doing in deceiving people. Just look at their track record. The only thing they are captive to is their enormous ego's, greed, control, and power yearnings

• metatron
    metatron

Guys, guys guys. Exactly how many of you have ever known or spent time with a GB member? If you haven't, at least read Crisis of Conscience and get an intimate view of these schmoes!

They aren't that bright. They aren't that wise. They don't have any deep knowledge of the Bible (there's no reason to because it's just a book used to justify whatever rules they like). Furthermore, they follow the same rule as the Mafia: you can't really retire or quit. If you do, you'll be DF'd like Ray Franz.

Yes, they are mostly self deceived. Why should a few lies and coverups make you think it's not the "truth", Brother? The end justfies the means and that holds true for all human organizations, as a practical supportive viewpoint.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit