How I obtained my personal files from Bethel

by jwfacts 123 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• designs
    designs

So they didn't send you all of the documents they had., can you appeal to the Commission for full compliance.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I could appeal again and said documents had been withheld. But it doesn't matter too much as I was more interested in the personal comments that they had written about me.

Then again, the Bethel application letter is hilarious. Page after page of personal questions, such as if you have ever had sex with other men - as if anyone would bother answering yes. In fact, my first room mate admitted that he lied on the form and had tried homosexual relations as a teenager.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Thank you for sharing your story and for all of your efforts. JW facts is a great site.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

NOTE: Everyone, please read this this letter from Paul's page. This is a must-read to understand how WT works.

http://jwfacts.com/images/1-2005-CO-report-marked-s-303-form.gif

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Wow, thanks so much for sharing all of this information Paul. Your ongoing willingness to expose the truth behind the 'truth' is inspirational.

You're like, my hero, Dude!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I know in the early '70s, a Bethelite overseer (D.W.) right under Larson (factory overseer) at Brooklyn Bethel kept records of the factory workers. He kept a grading system file, grading them with A, B, C and D.

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks for posting all this Paul,and for your great Web-site.

I recommend your site to all and sundry, yesterday I mentioned it to a baptist minister and he is going to mention it to any Dubs that call at his home, saying that they should not be afraid, the "Truth" is unassailable, so why should they not consider what is on your site?

This may be a silly question, after disclosing what they hold on you , are they allowed to keep copies ?

Wobble

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Wow. That is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing all of that! I was recently "announced" but was never notified by the elder body, so couldn’t even exercise my right to an appeal. From what I heard through the grape vine I had apparently disassociated myself by my actions and therefore don't need to be notified and they don't have to offer me an opportunity to appeal. While I think an appeal would get denied I think it's CRAP logic what they used to DA me and never notify me. It's been six months and I still haven't gotten a letter from the elders advising me of my status. So I still talk to all the local JWs I see. lol. Your post really makes me want to see what they say about me especially since I was unaware of everything that went on. I'd appreciate if anyone has the corresponding USA laws or experiences.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Two incredible paragraphs from the CO letter to the branch seeking instructions on how to get rid of someone who had DONE NOTHING WRONG OF A JUDICIAL NATURE:

"Elders asked if a judicial committee could now be formed to charge him with loose conduct. We reasoned that although his attitude is blatant and shocking, insufficient evidence exists to prove that charge. We cannot point to any times when counsel has been given that he has rejected. Non-belief is not a judicial matter. There is not yet any valid evidence for apostasy, even though it APPEARS that he influenced others with his negative views.

We discussed two options. One is for two different elders to visit him again; he may say something that could give the elders a basis to take some action. Secondly, one elder has in his ks book a note to the effect that in a difficult case such as this it is recommended to write to the branch office to see if any valid reason exists to announce that he has disassociated himself even though the individual has not actually stated that."

Translation: The elders don't like that this guy thinks for himself but wants to remain in the congregation; how can we kick him out?

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Mad-- what I thought was even MORE amazing was that the branch wrote back and basically said there's nothing you can do. Makes me wonder what my elders said to Bethel because it sounds like they had even LESS information on me, so either the rules changed (SHOCKING) or my elders lied.

Also how is your situation going? Have you written an update that I missed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit