Question For Current Elder On Public Reproof & Restrictions

by BroGone 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BroGone
    BroGone

First of all, I have NO intentions of confessing any thing to a committee! But I've got the goods on my ex-father-in-law that will get him disfellowshipped. I don't normally go around doing that kind of thing, but he lied and had another elder lie trying to get me disfellowshipped when ever my wife walked out on my seven-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter to fly from AL to NY to be with a man she met on the internet. She came back to town a week later and stayed with her sister. Her father was/is an elder in that cong . When my ex-wife met with the committee, they grilled her trying to get her to say something they could disfellowship me for. She told me when she didn't come up with anything they got upset. I called the CO to make sure she was DF'd. The CO made a special trip to make sure everything was handled properly. Had I not called him, those SOB's would have DF'd me!

Her sister did a similar thing two years earlier, but her sister's internet man came to the US from Australia got her pregnant (her husband had a vasectomy). She mysteriously has a "miscarriage". Then her sister leaves her two-year-old and four-year-old with her husband and flies to Australia from GA. She stays nearly 3 months in Australia with the man. She finally flies to AL to live with her father the elder. My ex-father-in-law goes with her into the committee meeting, told her to say she just had a miscarriage (don't mention who the real father was), and her daddy says she is about to have a nervous breakdown. The Committee "public reproved" her. The congration went wild!! My wife's brother was also an elder, but wasn't in on the committee. Her other brother was a ministerial servant. They new enough of the details. Most of the congregation new most of the big things. Not who the father was. The rafters shook. They raised more hell!

Hypothetically, someone that has been in-active for several years starts reattending meetings. He approaches the elders confessing a "single" act of fornication and was found "repentant". The only ones aware of the fornication are his two non-believing children and his disfellowshipped ex-wife (they were divorced and she disfellowshipped years before this act). Could he expect public or private reproof? What about restriction (i.e. commenting at meetings).

I need to get the news out by my ex-wife that I have been publicly or privately reproved and what restrictions. After a reasonable amount of time, I want to bring out my evidence (a letter the sister's man mailed to the sister that arrived at my house while she was in Australia that my ex-wife opened and showed me) that my father-in-law knowingly withheld information and lied to the 1st daughter's committee. I don't want to be active. I just need to know what to tell my ex-wife. If it matters my ex, kids and I live in a metropolitan area and her family live in a hillbilly backwards town 10 hours away now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not fully following the whole story, but I think you told it well. It's just got such a soap opera twistiness to itself.
    I fully recommend that you just walk away from trying to present any evidence to anyone. They will side with your ex-FIL and you will be put back in their RADAR as someone to kick out. Just walk away from all that.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

As a former elder....... take this advice: walk away.

Its very, very corrupt.....I could tell you story after story just like yours. You're honestly wasting your time........its all a crapshoot. Even if you get an honest elder that WANTS to do what is right..... the other guys will over ride him.

You can't win with these guys. The best thing you can do is go out and live the best life for you possible......

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Your evidence will have no weight, it is written by a worldly man.

No BOE will take the writings of a worldly person over that of an obviously powerful elder, it ain't gonna happen.

One up the a-holes by going out and living a great life.

The best part of your life is in front of you, not behind you.

• BroGone
    BroGone

I left out that just after my ex-sister-in-law got a divorce, the Austalian came to AL. After he had been here 6 weeks my father-in-law arranged a quick bible study. He got baptized on Saturday and they got married the following Monday.

The gist of the letter is that the Australian while in Australia says that her family was trying to keep them apart. He mentions how her first husband finds all the letters the Australian had written her. The Australian mentions in the letter that the first husband calls her father in an effort to save their marriage. The father goes over to GA from AL. The Australian mentions that the first husband shows the father the letters and asks him to counsel his daughter not to leave him for the Australian. In the letter the Australian admits that the baby is his and even names the baby.

To summarize: This letter proves that my ex-father-in-law knew "before" his daughter left GA for Australia that she had been pregnant by another man but had a "miscarriage", but he didn't turn her in to the local elders in GA. Then when she gets back from Australia, after three months, she goes to AL to live with her father. He as an elder, goes in the committee meeting with her, tells her to say she just had a "miscarriage", and to cry and he would says she's about to have a nervous breakdown. So he's guilty of lying to the commitee, not turning her in to the brothers in GA, and withholding information.

Of course, I could just anonymously mail a copy of the letter to just about everybody in the congregation and several elders in nearby congregations and let the feathers fly. The congregation was already pissed off that she didn't get DF'd. Then they'd have to handle him.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The congregation was already pissed off that she didn't get DF'd.

It so happens the sentiments of over-eager uebersisters and ueberbrothers have nothing at all to do with the matter, they do not decide. I would advice you to calm down a bit, as you obviously do not know what has been said or done at the committee meetings. Maybe proof was offered, maybe she had a breakdown, realised what she had done, confessed, and no df'ing was needed. You don't know, nobody knows but the committee members, maybe there were certain mental factors that needed to be taken into account. I just mean that you, as all others, should let it all belong to the past. If the person in question is at bottom cunning and unrepentant, she will stumble again later, somehow it will be brought up, her subconsciousness somehow will let it burst forth. Or the other way around, she will have learned the lesson of her life and has decided that never again will she allow herself to walk those paths.

Whether or not a congregation feels pissed off - well, those are feelings little revengeful people should not have. As I recall, there was more rejoice in heaven over one repentful sinner than over 99 non-sinners.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hopefully, the injustice that the congregation members see in this instance will help open their eyes to see that the Borg isn’t lead by God.

I am not sure of your motives for wanting to share the guy’s letter with the congregation, although revenge is something that comes to mind.

Just be mindful of what you are doing and the consequences of your actions.

• yknot
    yknot

.... if it havoc you are looking to wreak......

Send the letter to congo members, CO, DO and Branch.....

Maybe ask yourself what end-result are you desiring?

Should the letter be traced back to you how do you plan on handling it and what consequences will happen in your life.....

Let us know what you decide

• Think About It
    Think About It

Not to make light of your situation and hurt, but the tone has been set here. Nothing you do is going to change it. The cong will soon get over it and it will be JW world status quo. The best revenge is living well. Good luck to you.

Think About It

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You nailed it when you said Hillbilly town. The small town congregations have well established caste systems. The elder father assures that no justice will take place. No Holy Spit here chum. If you want to be DF'd then send a copy of the letter to the committee that handled her situation with copies to the CO and a brief explination. Even inactive they can drop you like a rock. You will get what you give and in the end nothing will happen because the star chamber JC will lick its wounds and cover it all up again. Good luck. Tell us what happens if you would be so kind. Oh, and, what of the Aussie's congregation now? W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit