Question For Current Elder On Public Reproof & Restrictions

by BroGone 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cult classic
    cult classic

BroGone I totally know where you are on this. I had a major meltdown with regards to the decline of my parent's marriage and how it was not handled properly by the BOE. My mostly irregular mother had been building a case against my inactive father for years. He did not want a divorce and tried to save the marriage. But she's a good cryer and an excellent liar. When my father appealled to the elders to meet with them together to save the marriage he was told "brother, just return to jehovah and the meetings."-----there are many cases similar to yours as daringhart says.

My point is: (and I'm gonna raise my voice here) They are not concerned with truth, justice, fairness, or what is in the best interests of your family. The person who is most active in the org. wins.......always.

What everyone here is trying to do is help you find peace on this........let it go. Your feelings/thoughts are definitely justified. But if you're looking for justice, stop looking. It ain't gonna happen. Trust us on this one.

When we try to make this crooked organization straight we only harm ourselves.

Cult Classic

• JWoods
    JWoods
    My point is: (and I'm gonna raise my voice here) They are not concerned with truth, justice, fairness, or what is in the best interests of your family. The person who is most active in the org. wins.......always.
    What everyone here is trying to do is help you find peace on this........let it go. Your feelings/thoughts are definitely justified. But if you're looking for justice, stop looking. It ain't gonna happen. Trust us on this one.

I just wanted to say, (as yet another ex-JW elder) that the above is exactly right. The only justice is to get free from them and leave them trapped in their own self-made jail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit