It's quite simple really...

by undercover 33 Replies latest jw friends

• peaches
    peaches

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( undercover)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

LeavingWT:

Actually, it's about 3 issues right in a row that dealt with 1914, Prophecy, and The Generation.

My parents came in right after 1975. Both had been exposed to witness beliefs throughout their lives via door-to-door work, and their parents would sometimes take some literature. They didn't know much about 1975 though.

Here's the cover, wonder how many in this photo are even still alive? I'd bet ZERO.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you, folks.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Someone had actually posted full photos of the pages of this WatchTower, but I can't find them. Somehow, they are more striking seeing them in their original content. Like I said, there were about 3 magazines in 1984 dealing with these issues to really drive home the points.

These old articles CAN NOT be denied, no matter how much they'd like to gloss over what they said with "New Light" and new definitions. On this one point alone, they have shown that they don't know what the hell they are doing, that they are not being directed by Holy Spirit (or even inspired) and are just pulling shit out of their asses to keep things going.

I mean, they have got to be one of the biggest false prophets EVER, second only to Mormons in my book. The only reason JW's are allowed to drink coffee is to keep them awake! at meetings and out in service, or else the pharisitical rule about caffeine would be in full effect just like in the Mormons.

- Wing Commander

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

My mother was baptized in 73. I remember middle aged Witnesses selling everything to "pioneer to the end". ALL of them are dead from old age now.

What a sad and cruel joke on them that '75 nonsense was. :(

• peaches
    peaches

shaking head with thoughts of saddness...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

BRavo!

I was thinking about this when my mother died in jan10. Her fervent hope and prayer was to 'see the end of this system!'

She was 84 years old and suffered from dementia she did her part to live long enough to see the promised end...except the promise was built on a lie. Baptized in '54 most of her time spent pioneering and bringing others into the truth, that instead turned out to be alie.

A friend of mine often reminise(sp) on our childhood and how we would not even graduate in this system of things (he now has 2 kids.) The lies and the richness of life they stole from us is unfathomable. Now its been almost 2 decades sinse they started walking away from the generation premise but as pointed out by the WT cover Wingcommander posted that teaching was a benchmark of there doctrine.

• undercover
    undercover

The cover of that 1984 WT says it all.

In plain bold type it says "The Generation That Will Not Pass Away".

And the article that was quoted shows that the Society presented this as prophecy from Jehovah. They even had the audacity to add to the written Word:

Jehovah’s prophetic word through Christ Jesus is: “This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.”

They have spoken in God's name...have prophesied in his name...something that did not come to pass. As the scriptures (that they profess to live by) indicate, this makes them false prophets.

While their past lies and false prophecies are damning enough, it hits home when it's something you lived through and experienced first hand.

And this is all the evidence I need to damn the Watchtower Society and their puppets, the Jehovah's Witnesses...as the lying hypocrites that they are.

Thanks for those references guys... it brings the points home with actual scans and quotes.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Here's the cover, wonder how many in this photo are even still alive? I'd bet ZERO.

Wing Commander, I dont think any of those folks were alive when the picture was taken!!!

Awesome thread Undercover, I am taking notes as we speak!!!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

My god.......this thread is making me emotional.

I truly want to punch someone. Or throw up.........

We were all duped. And they have never apologized.

How can people be fooled by this???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit