My tale of woe

by serenitynow! 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So glad you found JWN, too. You have friends here.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Oh he definitely owes support. I don't know if anything can be gotten from him, being self employed. That is another thing he used to do, go to court and plead poverty, so as to not pay anything.

• nugget
    nugget

Serenity, you have had a tough start in life through no fault of your own. You can try to fight the WTBTS to provide justice but be aware that there is little guarantee of success, they will always support their own over and above any others. Don't look to the society for assistance, I would see what is available to you outside the organisation. It is hard to move forward with such issues in your past I feel for you it takes courage and determination to make any progress.

This board is a great place to come for support and help.

• sherah
    sherah

You are a courageous soul; your story rings true for me in a lot of ways. I hope you were able to find some closure for yourself with the letters. You can only go up from here.

• In
    In

The tale about a deadbeat sounds like my family... but we're still in. So is he. There's more of this out there than many realize. I know of at least two other families in my cong like this.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Serenity)))))))

You are not alone.

Sylvia

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Dear Serenity, I love your comments and was so sorry to read of your fathers abandonment.

I will never understand how any parent can willingly leave their children and make no effort to support or make sure they are ok. The problem is squarely in his court and though you will probably never get justice from the WTBS I hope that in some future time the universe will serve him the karma he deserves.

For you I hope for a bright happy future and know that you will always find support and true friends hear on JWN.

LittleSis

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, big hug to you.

At this point I feel like I can let the matter rest.

That's a great place to get to. I let many things go in order for my mother to justify maintaining contact with me. Do what you have to do to keep personal peace. Strength to you.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Hang in there. It sounds like you're making improvements to your life each day. I haven't been able to find a med that I can take for depression and anxiety. Every pill that I ever tried makes me feel like a drank 7 cups of coffee or something, which of course makes my anxiety worse. I can tolerate Klonopin for anxiety. I think I'm going to try something herbal for my nerves! No, not that kind of herb!

• snowbird
    snowbird

McD, I'm going to try this:

http://www.bachflower.com/

Sorry about the hijack, Serenity.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit