My tale of woe

by serenitynow! 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Serenity,

You are not alone!!!! I'm a little older than you are (42), but are stories are VERY similar. Only I was an elder.

I will drop you a PM so I don't write too much here....but just know that you're not alone. I too feel completely lost.....with waves of rage. I got a call yesterday that the third MS I've known killed himself. This is the third brother in the last year or two that has done this.

There is no justice in the organization.....its all about protecting their assets, etc. I'm so sorry you endured that........I too had a negligent father ...only now am I realizing the repurcussions....

• Scott77
    Scott77

Bttt...

• Quandry
    Quandry

serenitynow!

I certainly hope that you gain some serenity....you deserve it! I know what it is like to write to the WTBTS...like talking to a brick wall. They don't want anything to "bring reproach on J's name" which translates into "shut up and go away-we don't want to be bothered."

I hope that you decide to dwell as little as possible on the past-I know that it will never completely leave you-and set goals for the future. You are a valuable person, certainly not stupid as you think for yourself, and can evaluate all that has happened to you and reach conclusions based on your observations.

Here's a hug for you!

• Scott77
    Scott77
    I got a call yesterday that the third MS I've known killed himself. This is the third brother in the last year or two that has done this.
    daringhart13

Hi daringhart13 ,

Iam sorry to hear that a 3rd MS known to you committed sucide. This means that there are two MS who did the same before? and in the same congregation? I think those unfortunate folks might have been overfeed with the WTS cool aid and then overcome by a feeling of helplessness. Iam not surprised that even at Bethel Headquarters in NYC, some have committed sucide. It hurts me to hear the senseles loss of lives under the hands of a brainwashing organisation.

Regarding the sad account of serenitynow, I get the feeling that she is trying to regain her life back to normalcy. Its heartwarwing to note that she is now working as a nurse, to earn a living and with that type of work, she can get new friends and eventually overcome any adverse feelings from her being cut off from the borg as a result of her DA.

I have great admiration for her courage in writing to the WTS but, its hard to get a positive answer from a damned organisation that is fighting nail and teeth to maintain a solid grip on the lives of its captives.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Serenity, I too was raised by pioneer parents (1975ers), no fun at all and my parents ended up divorced also. I remember, while being dragged around in a cold car on Saturday morning, wishing for the simplest things like a home where you could just watch cartoons on Saturday morning. I am so happy that you are out, we won't be repeating those mistakes on our children! Keep your focus on the future! You are in my thoughts. NMKA

• flipper
    flipper

SERENITY NOW- I'm so sorry you went through such a horrible set of circumstances. Please be aware of our caring here on the board for you- we are happy you are here my friend. If you ever need to talk , just PM my wife and me- we'd love to help . Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

you all are very sweet.thanks for the kind words. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit