why did they read the un charter at the special talk???

by peaches 18 Replies latest jw friends

• peaches
    peaches

i have been trying to find the answer,,,it does not make sense to me???? anyhelp would be appreciated...thanks

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do not think it is read in all congregations. I read one thread that one speaker did it, thats all I know.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Maybe they're trying to make of light of their NGO association.

I'm sure they have had quite a few calls to headquarters from the flock regarding their association

with the UN, so it might be a in-place initiative to lighten the load so to speak.

Its also a very important intuitive to keep a clean and pure image surrounding

the GB or as they call themselves the Faithful and discrete slave.

The FDSL/GB is after all the direct channel to god.

( God doesn't have the Net yet so he uses the phone in the interim )

• sherah
    sherah

It was discussed on this thread.

UN Charter Read at Special Talk

• peaches
    peaches

thanks much....i am really interested in this....

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

The UN was not even mentioned, let alone their charter read at our hall.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It wasn't part of the outline - if it was read by someone it was that speakers choice.

• Caminante
    Caminante

A friend of mine, who's a ministerial servant in a Hungarian congregation meeting in our Hall, sent me the audio recording of the talk. The speaker based his introduction on David Walker's life story.—Awake!, December 8, 1985, page 4.

• sir82
    sir82

Our speaker quoted a sentence or 2 from the charter - reading the whole thing would have taken forever!

I don't see what the big deal is. Lots of talks have quotes from "worldly" sources.

• peaches
    peaches

i was wondering how they got the charter from the un in the first place...if because they were/ are members it was sent to them?? and why the special talk??? why not a regular watchtower meeting,,,,and if special talks are all the same,,,how come all the congregations did read it?? to me that is highly irregular...just my thoughts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit