why did they read the un charter at the special talk???

by peaches 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    i was wondering how they got the charter from the un in the first place

It's not a secret: http://www.un.org/en/documents/charter/index.shtml

I think the outline had a quote from the charter in it. Some speakers chose to read it and others didn't.

Still not sure why this is prompting such a near-hysterical reaction though. Are you related to poster Hikaru?

• teel
    teel

Talking with an elder about the UN relation I mentioned to be accepted as associated NGO you had to "share the principles of the UN Charter", to which he said "but we do, we want world peace too, and so on..." This might be the reason why some read parts of the charter, to convine those who know of the UN debacle that the charter is not really so bad.

• peaches
    peaches

sir82.....hahahahaha...nope...not related....hahahahahaha.....haven't sleep in a couple days and feel like being hysterical!!! hahahahaha

you do know the end is coming don't you....go outside and look...it is just around the corner...REALLY IT IS...where is your book-bag??? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ANYWAY???? do you not know the urgentness of the times??? can you not see all the signs being fullfilled???

oh well,,,is it coffee break time yet??? should i count this as a return visit???.....can we stop at the gas station,,i have to pee!! swing by the laundry mat will you...i have a shit load of old mags i gotta get rid of...."and the beat goes on"........"and the beat goes on"....turn up the radio,,,i like this song...IT IS NOT DEMONIC!!!! sunny and cher never worshiped the devil.....did not!! i am not blocking jehovahs spirit...am not....

i still really have to pee!! NO,,,i cannot taste it yet!! that is just sick....please don't tell me we are lost...oh god,,,,theres a big tree,,,let me out here...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...yes,,,,thank you....much better.....now,,,what about the un and the special talk?????

• sir82
    sir82

Ah...got it. You're near-hysterical all the time.

Carry on.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ was caught with it`s Pants Down..

The Average JW has been kept ignorant..About the association between the WBT$ and the United Nations..

Word must be getting out on a larger scale among JW`s..The WBT$ is doing some Damage Control....

The United Nations is`nt "That Bad"..So the WBT$ is`nt so Bad..

Jehovah`s Witness`s respond with a resounding "DUH"..

And..

Everyone goes home happy..

................. ...OUTLAW

• peaches
    peaches

if they are doing damage control,,,,this must be a major "pain in the ass" and if word is getting out,,,i must be because of sites like this one with information really not found any where else....

• Life is now
    Life is now

haha Outlaw I was wondering what took you so long.

Peaches, I've just posted this on my original topic about this:

I apologise for this confusion. The way the speaker put his talk across it sounded as if the charter and 1 Thessalonians on peace and security was on the outline and the instructions were not to deviate from this, so I assumed this message was to be the same throughout the world.

I was not at my own congregation so I can't ask the speaker why he did this, but I did phone a member of that congregation today who told me that the speaker had told her that he had given that impression to make people take notice.

I looked on the Watchtower CD under United Nations Charter and found an article in Watchtower 1995 October 1st page 3 where he may have got the idea from as the article contained some of the words, or similar expressions, that he had used. One of these was "notable efforts" which is similar to what I thought I'd heard as "noble sentiments".

I was puzzled by the the fact that (as we assumed) the GB wanted the charter to be read and the lack of criticism of the UN in the talk and so that was why I posted the topic.

Hope this clears up the confusion I've caused for some of you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Peaches..

The real information about the WBT$ Association with the United Nations,must be causing a problem..

It`s reaching more JW`s than the WBT$ would like..Othewise nothing would be said..

Especially from a Kingdom Hall stage..

................. ...OUTLAW

• peaches
    peaches

again...thank you everyone....appreciate it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit