How is a Jehovah'sWitness suppossed to know they are annointed?

by brainwashed-from-birth 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

My wife once talked to a 93 year old lady who said she was "anointed". She said that her desire was not to live on the earth anymore so she know she was going to heaven.

LD

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

you said: "Anointing is imaginary. You have to be superstitious to even bother thinking about it.

Anything having to do with Holy Spirit is off the charts. Nobody knows anything because somebody (many somebody's) made the whole thing up.

That's why it can't be explained! In the REAL WORLD the rules are the same for everybody. Things operate a certain way."

psalm 45:7...You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.

love michelle

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

One sister in our local cong. said she new she was of the anointed because she got a letter from the society saying she was.

It said; her faithful service as one of Jehovahs witnesses since 1935 proved she was of the heavenly class. She has partaken ever since.

What I wouldn't give to see that letter.

tt

• agonus
    agonus

"What don't all the anointed have special insights the way the Governing Body does?"

How do you know they don't?

Why do you think there was a WT article just a couple years back telling us that the anointed have "no special spiritual insight?"

Can you even remember the WT saying anything remotely like that before this article?

It sounds to me like the GB is feeling threatened by those who claim to be anointed having ideas that do not fit the party line. Why else this warning to the anointed to shut the hell up and to the rest of the R&F not to view them as special?

• designs
    designs

Its a human trait, everybody thinks they need to be special and differentiated from the rest of the pack. In a healthy way we need that seperation and self identity from our parents as we grow up.

It takes on all forms in adult society from Fraternities to wealth distinctions, class, career. Religions and their special self described levels of achievement are just another manifestation of the Id for better or worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit