How is a Jehovah'sWitness suppossed to know they are annointed?

by brainwashed-from-birth 34 Replies latest jw friends

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

Are there any tests/interviews they have to go thru to prove it?

• blondie
    blondie

No, the holy spirit bears witness with your spirit that you are anointed. That is why the elders keep a distance from declaring someone is not anointed...it is between the person and God, officially anyway.

Romans 8:16,17

16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

They have to sleep with the circuit overseer.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Brainwashed - if u were born in you should know this by heart...................God's spirit bears witness with their spirit and they just know.

that's the best answer I ever got on the subject anyway.

Cult Classic

• Lieu
    Lieu

I don't think the GB have "suffered" like those of the 1st Century. & the GB has too cushy a life to have ever "suffered "anything. [Well maybe the batteries dying in the remote control.]

Now those folks over in various African countries whose villages get wiped out at machete blade (or imprisoned) for refusing to deny Christ ... those folks know the true suffering. Some Asian countries also & definitely some ME countries.

In Western countries, folks have no idea what true suffering for refusing to deny Christ is about; specially not the US.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I always toyed with the idea of partaking just so someone could challenge me about it. LOL It's entirely subjective, so how would they do it?

I've been told, however that it's expected that an Annointed One would "take the lead in the preaching work" as that is the primary evidence of holy spirit in these times.

Yeah...right. It always comes down to whose the best salesman. IGA has nothing on the WTS when it comes to handing out bonuses.

I do know a couple of "annointed ones" who faded though, I was neighbors with one for a few years. I really liked her, she wasn't a good Witness, never went to meetings except the memorial and the dubs couldn't ever challenge her partaking, but they would warn me about her.

I found out her "problem" one day when we were talking, she'd had a ruptured spleen and almost died from the "no blood" dictate and her nonWitness husband went ahead and authorized the transfusion that saved her. She got treated like a leper after that, even though she was unconscious, nearly dead during the whole thing. Reminds me of how people used to blame the victim of a rape. She was made to feel guilty about surviving, and even told that she could have attained her heaveny reward if not for her evil worldy husband who was just trying to save his wife.

God these people are fun, aren't they? She gave me one of my moments of cognitive dissonance. I'm glad to say she passed on without ever going back to the meetings regularly. Even annointed can fade, apparently. *G*

I always wonder if some claim this simply because the "spirit" tells them they're going to be with Christ, pure and simple? In the Borg world, that means annointed, so they believe they are.

• cult classic
    cult classic

And if an annointed fades, gets df'd or da's that is the worst ever. They are viewed as Satan himself.

Cult Classic

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

You just know it, was the reason I remember.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Does it really matter?

If they're not one of the governing body, their opinion is meaningless anyways.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Jehovahs spirit lets them know they are anointed, thats what I have been told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit