How is a Jehovah'sWitness suppossed to know they are annointed?

by brainwashed-from-birth 34 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Most of us are so young we can only remember one very old jw that said they were anointed.

The perspective would be different if you had been a Bible Student in the teens and 20's when everyone was partaking and there was not a two-class system. The people you would see would basically be the type of people you see at the meetings today taking in consideration policy/doctrine changes.

They were not all "nut cases" any more than jws are all "nut cases."

Why is my perspective different, my grandparents were from that era as well were many friends of my family. While they had some of the personality issues we all have, they were definitely not mental cases.

Blondie

• loyal2truth
    loyal2truth

Black Sheep: Thanks for mentioning my book Falling in Truth. To set the record straight, though, it does not describe my experience of being annointed, but rather of the fictional hero of my book being carried away by emotion during baptism and concluding that he was annointed.

I made up the "experience" out of whole cloth just to illustrate how someone might be challenged/treated who made such a claim while not being considered "strong in the truth". Personally, I never considered myself annointed -- far from it!

--Steve

• designs
    designs

Bright lights, ringing in the ears, hearing screaming voices and loud music ............ oh wait that was the last Rolling Stones Concert I went to

• snowbird
    snowbird

Loyal2Truth/Steve, I just want you to know how much I enjoyed your book.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/134171/1/Online-Book-by-Steve-McRoberts

Syl

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The ones I knew in my childhood were "old anointed" that had been in since before the 1930's so it was a given that they were of 'the remnant' ..

It was always kind of strange and secret , though. It was something that we mere 'other sheep' were not meant to understand.

I can remember expressions like" They read the Greek Scriptures and it really jumps out at them and gets then in the heart, like a letter from a father" . Another comment was that "they have within themselves the unmistakable evidence of The Lord's calling"

Mind you, anybody starting to partake in later years is viewed with a lot of suspicion in my experience..When dubs get talking they have said that they think the number of "real anointed " is about half the partakers"....Only God and Jesus knows them for sure...

• loyal2truth
    loyal2truth

Thanks, Snowbird. I'm glad you liked my book.

You may want to check out my new book: "Layers of Truth", also available for free on-line at http://smmcroberts.net

--Steve

• nelly136
    nelly136

from memory,

they just know they are......

and the rest of the cong either humours them or just roll their eyes everytime they partake, depending on how well theyre respected liked or reviled.

• moshe
    moshe

We are doing much better in weeding out the false anointed, thanks to Nexium and other acid reflux drugs. All that gas and heartburn was giving false positives to JW's who were looking for a "sign" from Jehoobah that they were of the anointed.

-

• Terry
    Terry

Anointing is imaginary. You have to be superstitious to even bother thinking about it.

Anything having to do with Holy Spirit is off the charts. Nobody knows anything because somebody (many somebody's) made the whole thing up.

That's why it can't be explained!

In the REAL WORLD the rules are the same for everybody. Things operate a certain way.

In the imaginary world of superstition it is deuces wild and any crackpot can make up something that you can't prove or disprove!

ANOINTING in Jehovah's Witness thinking is a gimmick they buy in to.

It is like a "third eye" or being the seventh son of a seventh son. Silly superstition.

Don't try and figure out the sound of one hand clapping---you'll hurt your head!

Anointing is for fools and those who can be fooled.

• designs
    designs

How would a Sufi Muslim know about Whirling Dervish .................... SPIN baby Spin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit