When you fully believed it was the “truth”….

by Broken Promises 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Did you intend to leave your estate to the WTS when you died?

In several threads I’ve read, ppl make comments to the effect that there’s no point leaving money to JWs, because they would just leave the money to the WTS anyway.

This is an assumption that I believe is a generalisation.

I can’t remember hearing of any JWs, particularly those with remaining family, who left their estate to the WTS. My grandmother became a JW in the 1920s and was a staunch JW to the day she died, yet she left a detailed will for her family, regardless of them being JWs or not. Not one cent was left to the WTS.

So, how many of you were planning to leave your estate to the JWs?

Or is the assumption that JWs will leave their estate to the WTS just that, an assumption?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I never intended to have an "estate." We were going to work enough to get by and get into paradise. SERIOUSLY.

While there are enough who do leave their estate to WTS, most JW's don't do that- they leave it to family.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I've known people that did and some that will but i never considered it for a second

• ~Jen~
    ~Jen~

Never. We rarely donated any money as it was.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Nope, never. My children are entitled to/deserve their inheritance. The WT doesn't need more riches, with the 'End' being imminent and Jehovah providing.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I have seen cases where society legal people actually solicited estates from elderly (sometimes incapacitated) wealthier JWs - one in particular resulted in cutting off their rightful heirs. This was actively pursued by the WTS back as far as the 1960s when I was a member.

• chickpea
    chickpea

we had included in our will that should the unthinkable happen
    and all 4 of our children die without issue, then the WTS was to
    be the beneficiary of our assests

not so much anymore....

• peaches
    peaches

don't have an estate...new system was coming...

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

Makes me sick that the wt cult brainwashes innocent people to do such a thing, while leaving their children with barely anything.

• cult classic
    cult classic

One of my relatives made a comeback about 10 years ago and became an elder. He died recently and left more money to the congregations he'd attended during his life than he did to his children...........he also has family members who have dedicated their life in fulltime service to the borg but left none to them................

Cult Classic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit