Are Jehovah Witness Members Trolling Obituaries For New Recruits?

by Bangalore 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Remember when the Society started the Witnessing in Cemeteries, that's got to go down as one of their tackiest.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Strangely, I don't think I had ever heard of this in my time as a witness - 1962 to 1979.

I find it in typical JW cynical bad taste.

Doesn't surprise me though, as I know for a fact that they troll the public records for Vietnamese (and other ethnic) people and try to recruit them into foreign language congregations. I have to run off about one call a month because our home phone was in Mai's name for a long time.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think any of us can remember that....it started back before the 1920's, especially on Memorial Day.

• JWoods
    JWoods

You know, it might be worth a thread of it's own: But, this just occurred to me -

Is it possible that the JWs do things in "the preaching work" that are deliberately designed to annoy the public?

By that I mean - we know they have this "persecution complex". Is it possible that some of these weird practices are partly intended to offend people and thus bring on resistance from ordinary people? That this could be the real cause and effect rather than honestly trying to gain recruits?

In the same sense as the Malawi thing with the ID cards, and then made far worse by the stupid letter-writing campaign - a self induced persecution.

How else can you explain street witnessing, Wall-Mart witnessing, graveyard witnessing, obituary trolling, sound cars in front of churches, and so on?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Obituary trolling is definitely done.

I've got to ask my daughter if she's received a tract yet?

Sylvia

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

I know JWs who have done this for years. It's a great way for pioneers to "start their time." Simply write a short letter in the morning before leaving the house for service. Then drop the letter off at the post office on the way home from service. This techinque easily adds an hour of service time per day.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

g01 1/22 p.7-8

“I ask a visiting nurse to hold the newspaper for me. Together we read the obituaries and select some. Then I tell the nurse what thoughts I would like to include in a letter to the relatives of the one who died, and the nurse types the letter. With the letter, I send the brochure When Someone You Love Dies,* which explains the Bible’s comforting hope of the resurrection. I do this every Sunday afternoon. It makes me happy that I can still share the good news of God’s Kingdom with others.”

• wifibandit
  • sir82
    sir82
    We once had a circuit overseer who encouraged graveyard witnessing - pounce on people after they've laid flowers on a grave.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Are Jehovah Witness Members Trolling Obituaries For New Recruits?

.Image result for Ghoulish

.........Image result for jehovah witness

..........................WE READ ABOUT YOUR DEAD MOM..

..........................Image result for jehovah witness door

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit