UNITED NATIONS CHARTER read in all congregations at beginning of SPECIAL TALK

by Life is now 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Life is now
    Life is now

I apologise for this confusion. The way the speaker put his talk across it sounded as if the charter and 1 Thessalonians on peace and security was on the outline and the instructions were not to deviate from this, so I assumed this message was to be the same throughout the world.

I was not at my own congregation so I can't ask the speaker why he did this, but I did phone a member of that congregation today who told me that the speaker had told her that he had given that impression to make people take notice.

I looked on the Watchtower CD under United Nations Charter and found an article in Watchtower 1995 October 1st page 3 where he may have got the idea from as the article contained some of the words, or similar expressions, that he had used. One of these was "notable efforts" which is similar to what I thought I'd heard as "noble sentiments".

I was puzzled by the the fact that (as we assumed) the GB wanted the charter to be read and the lack of criticism of the UN in the talk and so that was why I posted the topic.

Hope this clears up the confusion I've caused for some of you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I wrote this on another thread..If you already read it..Good..Theres going to be a Test..

The WBT$ was caught with it`s Pants Down..

The Average JW has been kept Ignorant..About the Association between the WBT$ and the United Nations..

Word must be getting out on a larger scale among JW`s..The WBT$ is doing some Damage Control....

The United Nations is`nt "That Bad"..So the WBT$ is`nt so Bad..

Jehovah`s Witness`s respond with a resounding "DUH"..

And..

Everyone goes home happy..

................. ...OUTLAW

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

No one I've talked to said anything like this was read......

????

• Life is now
    Life is now

Thanks for you help I'll leave this all in your capable hands/paws Outlaw.

• In
    In

yeah, our congregation didn't have this read aloud.

He did say though the Peace and Security cry may be made with or without real peace and security. It may or may not refer to the entire world; it may only be with regard to one part of the globe.

On the NGO thing, I wrote a letter about this when I found out. They responded saying they did it to gain access to the UN library that had many useful resources. They also said they withdrew membership at the beginning of this decade once they had compiled sufficient data from that source.

• teel
    teel
    they withdrew membership at the beginning of this decade once they had compiled sufficient data from that source

It must be Jah's blessing that they finished compiling sufficient data right at the time their involvement was exposed by the press.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    On the NGO thing, I wrote a letter about this when I found out. They responded saying they did it to gain access to the UN library that had many useful resources. They also said they withdrew membership at the
    beginning of this decade once they had compiled sufficient data from that source......In

The WBT$ could have ordered books from the UN Library..From a USA Public Library..

The WBT$ did`nt need a UN Library card,to access UN Library books..

The WBT$ withdrew their membership..After it was made Public"..

On the Biggest JW WebSite in the World..

JWD/JWN!!..

The WBT$ Sucks!..

JWD/JWN ROCKS!!..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit