Would You Die

by sammielee24 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I would like to see the Bush girls over in Afghanistan in uniform fighting.

I would like to see my congressmen and Senators children in Iraq and Afghanistan.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I always kind of chuckle when people think they're "patriots" in the sense that people were during the Revolution. Oh, right, start polishing that musket, Mr. Weekend Militia. The government you're so pissed at have tanks, jet bombers and missles. Yeah, not quite like fighting a few British with equally crappy muskets at Bunker Hill, is it?

It was direct assault to their homes and rights people were defending then. What are we defending when we go to another country and involve ourselves in their civil dissent and political shenanigans? Oh, right...oil.

That's hardly the same thing. The people who were trying to help survivors at 9/11, the firemen and paramedics and police, those are patriots in that sense.

Don't get me wrong a soldier is obliged to go where his commander in chief orders him, but that makes it the responsibility of the Congress and the President for sending men and women into bullshit political and greed inspired wars.

• peaches
    peaches

i would have at one time,,but not now....for country yes,,,,depending upon the situation......

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

For religion, and the people in the religion- at one time yes. Country- never.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEVER - for a religion. Just thinking about this makes me furious when I think of how deceived I was!

As far as dying for my country - NO. The only YES would be if I were defending my actual home and family.

I despise the JWs for messing with everybody's head telling them they had to be 'faithful to death'. I was always convinced the guys at the top had no regard for human life - only their own. They treated people as though they were expendable. Sadly, this is what religions look for and there is emotional blackmail tied in.

• flipper
    flipper

I would die to protect my wife, my children and family and friends if they were in immediate harms way- but, no- I would not die for my country or a religion. ( Not in a religion to die for anyway. ) Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit