Does a satanic cult control the world?

by Weeping 27 Replies latest jw friends

• misocup
    misocup

What the Jehovah's Witnesses don't tell is you is that until 1952 they believed Jehovah lived in the Plieades. (I find it odd that in these "last days" that important info had to wait until 1952)
    Talk about the light getting brighter.

"The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve.... It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;....

The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared to the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God."

J. F. Rutherford, Reconciliation, 1928, p. 14.

We can come to only one conclusion, Jehovah IS the alien force behind the otherworldly deception in the WBTS among others.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A lot of people have a hard time with the idea that the world is not controlled by anyone. They just cannot accept that the world is just spinning around and everyone is running around doing their own thing... no particular underlying order to it.

Because they have a hard time with this, they invent powerful invisible organizations that are supposedly controlling everything.

It's all just a delusion.

• dgp
    dgp

Poops, I still believe you get those icons from supernatural beings. They are so cool that they must be satanic.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Weeping, do you have anything to say about this?

Most times you don't even come back and respond

Please, she's not going to respond. It's just going to be more dump and run.

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

This girl drives me nuts with her hit and run threads. She rarely comes back and even when she does, I'm certain that she doesn't read any of the responses. She just makes another foolish comment and leaves again. There should be a law.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

Satan has been a convenient label for human fears for quite some time. Thanks for that, Judeo Christian myth. Without that, we might actually have to blame ourselves for all the evil in the world.

Since Weeping won't be back anyway...

The above really hit me and got me to thinking, and here's the question that came up as seeming very important:

Which concept has done more overall harm to humanity in the past (or is doing so in the present and potentially into the future): that of God or Satan?

I think you could make a pretty good case for Satan, since so many believers refuse to take responsibility for their own evil actions, pinning it all on Satan instead, either directly or indirectly due to original sin which he had a hand in.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Oh, I think you could make an equally good (or bad) case for both. Depending on what you do with them.

The Devil made me do it is such an overly convenient excuse that even Christians who aren't NUTS make fun of it.

God has also been an excuse to kill people and steal their land, manifest destiny, and all that, but again, that's not God...it's people USING him as an excuse.

If you don't believe in God, how can he be doing anything, and if you do and believe he's evil, why not just cut to the chase and worship the Prince of Darkness?

The only choice left if you're a theist is to believe in God and that he's good, and that some people are just f***ed up. LOL

• mindmelda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit