Elder called last night and they are stopping by tonite for a 'visit'.......

by troubled mind 82 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Yes Lisa that is how it felt ...freeing . We spoke up as adults with our own opinions something we never did before . Before we would just sit there and nod our heads to whatever they said .

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you for sharing this with us. You've made me proud.

• life is to short
    life is to short

That was great, I totally understand why you wanted to met with them. So many just do not understand that. It is so freeing to be able to stand up to them after a life time of being put down. I love it when I can get them speechless.

You did great. Thanks for sharing.

LITS

• ClassickConcept
    ClassickConcept

Ive been following this post and im extremly proud of you!!!! My wife is still a sister and had been avoiding the brothers because she afraid of losing her family (alllll are J-Dubbs). Im going to use you story as an example of how to handle it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Great job! You took control and dealt with them on your terms and you gave them something to think about. The're not used to people that were under their control standing up to them. They don't know how to handle it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for the update. You handled it much better than I would have (which is part of the reason I refuse to meet with them).

Enjoy freedom and enjoy life!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

tm...

sounds like you kept control of the visit. I have not had any official visits in the nearly 3 years since my last visit to a KH. I do not live in the territory or even circuit where my card is, despite the congo being a mere 20 min (max) drive from me. Out of sight out of mind. The way I like it and planned it.

do not think this is the end of it for you.... just keep being an adult and dont let them have control. enjoy your freedom.

I too wish I could meet up with the chicago area group.... I am down here in SW IL (st louis area) ...and I dont know of any active meetup groups here. I just get together once in awhile with a couple of JWDers in the area.... though less so these days...too busy with work and my new family.

keep us updated...

Snakes (Rich )

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good work. Thanx for the update.

I would have been very tempted to ask him to write down his address - when he asked why I needed it, I would tell him I wanted to put him on my Christmas card list this year for his kindness expressed.

That's just me. Always rubbing salt in a wound or two.

Good job.

Jeff

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Ha Jeff you crack me up .....maybe I will send one annoymously and see if he can guess .

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

So now the are back to thinking that earthquakes are on the rise?

More Noo Lite!!!

I am gonna call all my "brothers and sisters".

I give you credit for telling them what you think; I would never tell an elder what i think. They would't get it, they are not qualified to even have the conversation, and I will NOT play their game. I would never agree to meet with them, it only makes them think that you are under their authority.

If you couldn't tell, I can't stand elders, especially the nice ones. Their being nice distracts from what they are really there for: to police you, your thoughts and behavior, and if they don't like it, they will throw you out. They don't CARE what you think, or what you are going through; they care about reports, numbers, and what the CO will care about when he comes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit