Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

None of our elders went so far as that. But they did 'pursue' me in other, less intrusive, manners. Nearly three years after leaving they began a program to incriminate me as 'apostate' - first they tried to get me involved with a phone conversation in which another elder was camped on the line to hear what I said - I hung up. Six months later [can you say 'Circuit Overseer is coming back again soon'?], I get a cert letter accusing me of 'apostasy' - I did not attend the hanging planned for me that night, but instead delivered a letter of disassociation.

They are assholes, looking for a crack to hide in.

Jeff

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

They started to ,but because I had read so much on here I knew 'to nip it in the bud '.

After a sheparding call were I honestly explained how I truly felt about going back to meetings, the Elders started calling and stopping by uninvited . Then they started getting information from someone that I had youtube videos saved to favorites that were apostate in nature . So the phone calls increased with them leaving messages that 'they needed to talk to me asap" .

I told an Elder to inform the rest of the body I had no desire to answer any questions about my life to them . I told him to let all the Elders know I no longer wanted phone calls or visits . When this was ignored I went to the police ,and filed a letter requesting the Elders to cease harrassment . One letter was put in a police file the other was sent to the Body of Elders . That same day I recieved an invitation to a JC .....that letter was also given to the police and the officer promised to personally call the Elders and explain what NO CONTACT meant .....So far it has worked

I have no idea if they have officially declared me DA'd ,but I think they are waiting for a more outward appearance of disassociation ...like me decorating my house for Christmas .

• wasblind
    wasblind

"They are assholes, looking for a crack to hide in"

Good one Jeff

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

When I crashed into depression a couple of years ago I stopped attending meetings/FS and got a number of phone calls over it. I was hiding from the world and screening my phone calls out of paranoia. I only felt up to going to work and communicating electroncally. An elder who was my group overseer and a MS who was 'concerned' for me both individually staked out my house a few times. I found that especially upsetting because I was in a paranoid and emotionally fragile state at that time and I NEEDED to be left alone. After firing off a few text messages and emails it stopped for the most part but I still have the feeling that I have to look over my shoulder, knowing that I now do that the JW congo's are chok full of rats and spies. I'm wondering what kind of a shit-storm I'll be in for if I'm spotted dating 'worldy' women. I sometimes wonder if the paranoia will ever go away...

V665

• mamalove
    mamalove

I have not been called or asked anything. I am surprised. Although my ex has said they want to meet with me, and determine my status....I told him I have nothing to say.

But my ex has repeatedly tried to get me to out myself as an opposer in our divorce papers as the religion has played a huge role in the split and with the raising of the kids.

I think once my ex gets sick of masturbating, and desires a real woman, he will start the stalkervision and try to see if I am having my fancy tickled. But that could be a while. He really likes his hand.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Vampire, Yes, the paranoia will go away. The more you get out into the "world" and meet new people and start new activities you will realize there is nothing to be afraid of. School or any type of classes is always a good thing to do.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Flipper, No, my parents never got over it but that's a big long story. And it was their problem not mine.

• Scott77
    Scott77
    I hated, hated being part of the JW's. They were nasty, tattling, Stalking sicko's.
    restrangled

I understand perfectly what you mean by that above. I think, their brains are wired to doing that out of blind faith to the GB.

Scott77

• Hadit
    Hadit

Great thread Flipper - thanks for sharing your lovely time with stalking.

I'm so sorry for everyone's plight! They are sick, twisted individuals who have no life of their own. The misery and mental distress they cause is widespread and evil.

I'm going through the harassment and stalking right now. This week has been horrendous. These people are sick. I can't go into much detail because this lovely brother informed me that he keeps regular watch on the internet boards as to what the apostates are saying. Nice. If anyone doubted that your congregation elders are watching these boards - they are. I'm pretty sure they are directed to. They are losing a tremendous amount of people to the information available through these sites. GOOD! I hope the lurkers are taking note of all these sick things, as well as the invasion of privacy and the lives that they turn upside down. Everyone is programmed to turn you in. No questions allowed or rather, they are allowed but you must believe their answers. The 1984 nightmare is real.

That's it for now. I'll see how this soap opera unfolds.

Take care all!

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

I was stalked with drive-by visits at late night hours,mutiple harrassing phone calls a day, and malicious pranks. I was frustrated & often irrated with the calls, I just wanted them to stop & have the person get some help for what ever ailed them.I didn't know who it was till the person accused & spread a rumor it was being done by someone else.The only way he would have known I was being harassed was if he had been doing it himself.Now that really pissed me off! After a visit to the elders, he was talked to, denied everything, I was assured I was mistaken.The calls & other things ended that day.

Later , in another place,I thought I was being watched by 2 guys in a carI kept seeing over & over. I pulled up a chair, lit a cig & watched back.I expected to be called in, but wasn't for a very long time. I didn't understand that till much later. I had a little protection myself for a while, through husband working for RBC. When they ticked him off & he wouldn't do something unethical for them, I was in a hearing for smoking soon after.At the time I was very confused,didn't want to be disfellowshipped & have that strain on our family, but also knew to keep my mouth shut & prefer that to , questions that could have me labeled apostate.

It was many years later till I googled & learned how things worked and put it all together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit