Need Help FAST!

by TweetieBird 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Great responses!

Everyone should print out AlanF's breakdown and commit it to memory.

Scully, as always, great comeback, I even thought of the adulterous affair myself.

Geordie, I'm not sure that I want to get DF'd just yet, it would kill my mother, but I do like the "if I sold my soul to the devil" response because using their own literature, that is what they did. They've condemned themselves by all the scathing articles against the UN.

I agree with you Biblexaminer, they are following in Satan's footsteps. I think this UN thing came upon them so fast and without any foreknowledge that they had to scramble around quickly to come up with some lame excuse and now that is going to backfire. Once you tell one lie you have to keep lying to cover up the first one.

What a great board, William, Lilacs, kenny, dazed, sadie, and all of the ones I mentioned earlier, THANK YOU so much for your imput. I feel ready to take on the elders, well um, not really but I am getting closer.

BTW, I intend to have my husband present if it comes down to it. He has a much better memory than me.

"I must stand up in search of the truth, if I don't, I only roll with the flow of the lie and make it stronger.
    ---Sovereign---

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Hi TweetieBird,

I just had to post the last paragraph of the second article that AlanF mentioned in the Sept 8, 1991 issue of Awake!. The title of the article is "The United Nations-A Better Way?" pg 8:

Jehovah's Witnesses firmly believe that the United Nations is going to play a major role in world events in the very near future. No doubt these developments will be very exciting. And the results will have a far-reaching impact on your life. We urge you to ask Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighborhood for more details on this matter. The Bible clearly paints a picture showing that the United Nations will very shortly be given power and authority. The UN will then do some very astonishing things that may well amaze you. And you will be thrilled to learn that there is yet a better way near at hand that will surely bring eternal peace and security!

Is this not a supreme example of their blatant manipulation of words?
    Hope this helps you some. If you have the Watchtower CD, perhaps you could try a search for UN and find articles similar to this one to present to the elders.

Well, Good luck!
    sadie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit