Need Help FAST!

by TweetieBird 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

My son (who's 15) came home from the meeting last night (he thinks he wants to be a witness, but that's in another thread) and said that his grandmother (my mother-in-law) told him my reason for not going to meetings (the UN thing, also discussed in another thread). He told me that I need to talk to the PO about it as he had heard about it a while back and has some information.

Hmmmm, me thinks the mom-in-law has been talking to the PO about what I told her last week. I'm sure that I will be getting a shepherding call (a drop-by, unscheduled visit) by him this weekend. My husband asked me what I was going to say to him. I have 2 main points that I will share.

1) How can the GB/WTS justify becoming remotely associated with the organization of Satan, the disgusting thing standing where it ought not, no matter what the reason? Was that not a compromising and/or lack of faith?

2) If nothing was wrong with becoming affiliated with the UN, then why did they quickly resign upon being found out?

Here is where I need help. Please tell me where I can improve on my above questions. I have to get this firmly in my mind as I am easily intimidated by the elders. It's a character flaw I know, but not one that I think is going to change in the next couple of days.

If you can think of any other questions or statements dealing with the above, please post. I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

T-Bird

"I must stand up in search of the truth, if I don't, I only roll with the flow of the lie and make it stronger.
    ---Sovereign---

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Tweetie,

I wish I knew how to help you. I too am not good with confrontation. Unless provoked.

The least I can do is keep this to the top, so others can see it and maybe give you some good sound avise.

I wish Alan or Farkel would see this. They would know what to tell you.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Mum
    Mum

I am not really good at confrontation either. However, you might be out when they arrive. Have your husband answer the door and tell them you're out, ill, or whatever it takes to get rid of them. Delay is good for starters, although it can't work forever.

Otherwise, just tell them that you do not wish to receive visits from them. If they persist and harass you, get a restraining order.

Trying to present them with facts is probably a waste of time, as they are not interested in what happened and the "reasons" given. Just let them do most of the talking (if you choose to let them in).

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• SpinDoctor
    SpinDoctor

1) How can the GB/WTS justify becoming remotely associated with the organization of Satan, the disgusting thing standing where it ought not, no matter what the reason? Was that not a compromising and/or lack of faith?

Yes, that is unfortunate. At this time, we do not know exactly what went wrong. After all, we are dealing with an incident that happened years ago. A large corporation consisting of thousands of individuals primarily handles the practical business needs of our religion. By necessity, such a large corporation has a large bureaucracy.

Somewhere, an individual or a few individuals made a mistake. They probably had good motives, but did not realize the error they making. Then, the bureaucracy kicked in and maintained the status quo. It is not uncommon for part of a large corporation to inadvertently break its own rules.

2) If nothing was wrong with becoming affiliated with the UN, then why did they quickly resign upon being found out?

We did not want to bring reproach upon Jehovah’s name. Once the error was pointed out, we humbly and quickly took correction action. Even innocent activities that could be misunderstood can stumble others.

Our resignation should not be taken as showing cowardice but as showing courage. The perception our immediate resignation gave is secondary to ensuring Jehovah’s name is never be reproached and to ensuring our brothers and sisters are not stumbled.

• belbab
    belbab

Tweetie sweetie,

I have found out over the years that you do not have to do a big preparation. If you are where are now, how did you get there. You have enough info with you now.

Jesus said if you are called before kings and rulers for my sake, do not prepare what to say before hand, it will be given to you at that time. When I was going out nearly thirty years ago, I must have talked officially and off the cuff to numerous district servants and circuit servants. It always came up in the conversations, what is the next appropriate thing to say, and sometimes it was anger, sometimes not, sometimes love and kindness. I was always able with out effort to reflect whatever was thrown out to me. This worked, trust in Him.

Then after these meetings I would laugh to myself, they had to go and write a report to the Society, while I continued on my way whistling.

• moman
    moman

Tweetie, at the risk of being too bold, I would like to know, why do you care about how you are preceived by the henchmen of the WT?
    I realize that your actions will cause problems, but if you stick to the REAL truths, why worry?
    Freedom always haz a PRICE!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Spin Doctor,

Just curious, are you trying to prepare me for what they will say? Do you speak from experience or are you an elder that has been given this answer from the society? I see that this was your second post.

It's a nice answer but it still does not excuse what they have done. They are suppose to be Jehovah's channel of communication for his people. Makes you wonder. However, it has been the most logical of explanations that I have heard.

"I must stand up in search of the truth, if I don't, I only roll with the flow of the lie and make it stronger.
    ---Sovereign---

• mustang
    mustang

Some thoughts:

What the SpinDoctor said was possibly what happened in practical terms.
    DON'T use that; let 'em squirm. :)

(I am NOT a JW apologist; I share your question about SpinDoctor. Is it a JW or JW apologist?)

Don't forget the 'Library Card' excuse (cover-up). That is blown away by the fact that any organization (with or without degreed researchers) can apply and get access to the UN central or remote libraries WITHOUT joining the UN.

Three things:

1) If they did it on purpose, AREN'T THEY HYPOCRITES?

2) If they did it by accident, then they 'were just imperfect men'. Well, Bible says that Jehovah would send the spirit as a helper. This should have been prevented. Since it wasn't, ARE THEY REALLY SPIRIT-DIRECTED?

Also, on the subject of the IMPERFECT MEN DOCTRINE, see this posting:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=11418&site=3

3) If they are covering it up, they are hypocrites; since the spirit would not be involved with evil or causing evil, ARE THEY REALLY SPIRIT-DIRECTED?

It's always nice to understand motives and give them a choice. :)

And remember, do like Jeopardy, the game show: ASK IT IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION!!! INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.

Let the Elder's sidesteps and dumb answers pass. Thank him for being so instructive. He will know what a lousy job he did, though. :)

Mustang

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thank you Mustang for your insight. Sometimes you have a gut feeling that you are right on something but do not know how to express it. You brought out into the open what I was feeling but could not access it out of my brain.

---Sovereign---

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

They may want to use the idea that a couple of Br's took it upon themselves to join, but the fact still remains that they had to report yearly and put out information promoting the UN ideals....EVERY YEAR!!! OK, at that they could say that it still was handled by those errant Br's. But remember during their tenure with the UN one of the Br's who signed the paperwork died.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit