Getting into Arguments with JW's...

by ForbiddenFruit 159 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• not a captive
    not a captive

Thanks for asking, MadJ. And how are you?

I am presently nursing a chest cold from hell that my stout Irish constitution has not been able to throw off.

My work with my little boy ended one week ago. I had family show up for the festivities surrounding big changes for us all.The last of my seven kids graduated two days ago. This evening we are all converging up at the old farm where my husband and his horses live for a live band and a party to mark all these things. Its been a good time.My daughterleaves tomorrow morning. She flies away to D.C. where her two older sisters live and she will work as a file clerk this summer. She is a really bright hard working girl and got a full scholarship to a fine college in Massachusetts.

I am going to bail out of this apartment when my lease is up in a few weeks. That will put me on the dark side of the moon for a while. But can't live without internet!-- I'll have to do something about that.

I'm going to live in the country again. My crazy/wonderful husband and I haven't lived on the same property for several years but I've negotiated for the old chickencoop near the house for my work place /quarters ito insure our future is a happy one. Marriage is a funny thing; there is no point in pretending that ours has been "normal". He is pleased as can be to have me moving back. He is pushing 80 now and I don't think I'll get him off that mountain except in a pine box so we'll play it out the best way we can. There is no running water up there but we do have a wringer washer by the well house.

Well, I am waiting for the dust to settle from these days so that my internet-proficient son can scan the correspondence from the Genesis 22 papers to the Branch and the brothers so I can post them on this board for whatever that is worth. I know that I do not present thoughts always as clearly as I would like. Not that a clear presentation creates agreement between people.But at least we can kick it around.

I hope you are well.

There are interesting posts going on on a lot of topics. So many ex- JWs do not have any knowledge of God through experience because they could not have a direct experience of God as JWs that there are a high number of agnostics and atheists on the board. It has been interesting to think how religion makes God a theoretical being. All there are are doctrine wars.

Don't you think God wants us to engage with him personally, as individuals, MadJ?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Glad to hear you are being Positive, NAC!

I'm doing great; power from the spirit, fabulous wife, plenty of work!

Only drawback (MY opinion) is getting close to the big 60...

Those ex-JWs had no "knowledge of God thru experience" ONLY if they focused on men!

Despite the flaws of my WTBS, Jesus IS withy 2 or 3 gtahered in his name! (Sincerely so)

• not a captive
    not a captive

Its good to hear that you have a happy marriage and plenty of work. Even so, age is a cloud as time goes on. I am definitely not as vital for rough living as I was. But I don't have to take care of kids now, so that's better. I'm nearly 58 and my husband is 77--but a tough old bird! He lives in a world of work horses. He doesn't ride as much as he used to. Time has even slowed him down.

Yes, it seems right that Jesus would say that:"wherever two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them". More and more it seems that any religion must automatically interfere with knowing God. The fear of a mis-step can inhibit a person's conversation with God.

Do you really feel perfectly free to converse on this board? I would not even look at this board until I had mailed my letter of disassociation. I had no idea until I was no longer concerned with being disapproved by men--not by God-- how stifling religion is. I feel free now. There is nothing that I am afraid to explore with God.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

I'm 59, NAC- and scare myself every time I look in the mirror! So I know what you mean!

Why would I feel uncomfortable being here?

Even tho insults fly- none of us know each other; it's fun to destroy fallacy & deception...to ME!

The time's coming when youth will return, NACX- focus on that!

• moshe
    moshe

At least you are still alive, which is more than we can say for most of these senior citizens from 1980- It's very likely that none of them are still alive to hear the wonderful new light about the generation change- evidently you can turn old WT smelly sh$t into new WT sh$t that smells really nice to JW's- well, for another generation.-

-

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

I agree, Moshe- on their opinion of some of the prophecies- a typical result of following the scriptures that ENCOURAGE "keeping it close in mind"...otherwise we might forget all about it- like YOU! heh

• not a captive
    not a captive

MadJ. Is the doctrine so important?

I mean this--Jesus said it is not the teaching in his name that gets the approval so much as hearing his sayings and doing them. Matthew 7

Is it a riddle? If it is, its answer must be in the love we have for one another.

Do you think Jesus inaugurated a new, true religion? Or was he born to bear witness to the Truth.

All these dates and numbers, all this messing in areas that have nothing to do with Jesus. Living exactly as Jesus taught is never out of date regardless of when the end comes.

• not a captive
    not a captive

MadJ,

Hello. It's been a while but my son helped me post the documents that chartmy way out of JWs and the material to do with the Abraham/ Jehovah's trial and the critical difference of what Jehovah meant by distinguishing between burnt offering and sacrifice.

I've stretched my time on this forum to the limit. I lose internet this week.

Hungry, honest and humble---And HAPPY. It should not hurt us to stay that way through life.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

You'll be back, NAC!

It's only normal to start guessing as to wwhat was meant, reading the prophecies.

I feel that is why he inspired their writing- to KEPP us guessing, thinking, AND looking Forward to the Future- rather than dreading it!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

It figures that one of the VERY few here that is a Thinker will be losing the internet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit