Getting into Arguments with JW's...

by ForbiddenFruit 159 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

I'm trying to fade away, but I sometimes find myself in discussions or arguments with JW family/friends/white haired virgin elders. Now, I usually have them beat on things but I'm not very experienced, so I was thinking if you guys could help me put together a list of completely unanswerable questions to pose to my JW friends/family/elders so they can stop bugging me. If I keep asking them questions they simply cannot answer, then they might leave them alone. It also would be good reference for other faders in the same position as me.

Thanks.

• tec
    tec

Welcome, Forbidden Fruit - There are a lot of people here who will answer your questions, and who can relate to strategies in fading.

You should read through jwfacts.com to find hard to answer questions.

Tammy

• man in black
    man in black

Explain the 1914 doctrine using only the Bible.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Explain the 1914 doctrine using only the Bible.

Agreed, ask them to show you a list of Babylonian Kings and ask them how they arrived at 607 B.C.E. for the fall of Jerusalem.

• moshe
    moshe

Name one JW who is one of the supposed Faithful and Discreet Slave- the person must publicly admit to being of that class at an official WT assembly, public talk or in the pages of a WT publication.

Find in the print of a WT publication a JW by name who is labeled as one of the F&DS class. It must be a direct reference, not, the GB is part of the F&DS and then in the next paragraph , here are names of our GB members, leaving the JW to deduce something on their own.

Proof that the governing body has written or personally overseen any WT article/publication in recent times- a phone call/letter to Bethel will provide the answers to that question.

will a blood transfusion save the life of a starving man?

a no answer should be forthcoming-

---so blood is food only, if it is eaten, and a transfusion does not violate the OT laws to "not eat blood" and is not a violation of the . abstain from (eating) blood which was later reiterated by the Jewish Christians in the 1st century. If the JW's have falsely caused death of innocent people and children over a false blood transfusion dogma, that means the WT org and the JW's have incurred bloodguilt and God must punish the JW's over the bloodguilt to balance the scales of justice. So, the WT religion can NOT be the true religion, as the ture religion can't have any bloodguilt, ie, they must have white robes when standing before God on judgement day- not robes soaked in the blood of thousands of people killed in Jehovah's name over a false dogma- and one which only JW's have taken that viewpoint. ( you can go back to 1980 and the change over organ transplants to show that bloodguilt has happened before)

Did the WT org ever publically say, Stay alive until 1975? ( Charles Sinutko -public talk at an assembly) What did they mean by that?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Check out Tim Kilgore's "Tough Quetions for JWs" on YT.

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

Heres a discussion that I'm in right now about apostates

Ryan- The truth won't stand up to adversity? I am just an outsider looking in but it seems like you are afraid of people who have questioned the fact that the WTS is actually the word of God.
    7 hours ago · Delete Post

Kellie- The BIBLE is the Word of God. Don't get Jehovah God mixed up with the WTS.
    6 hours ago · Report

Ryan- I'm sorry this is a little bit confusing. I was under the impression that Jehovah's Witnesses claimed that the information in the Watchtower magazines was from Jehovah. Sorry about that.
    4 hours ago · Delete Post

Ryan- Mods, please don't remove my posts as I am only curious and not looking to disrespect or "stumble" anyone as was mentioned above. I am the one who didn't slam the door on the witnesses when they came. I have accepted the magazines. I am just curious on this subject. Why is looking at something from all angles a bad thing to do? If I was going to buy a car, why would I listen to only the car dealer? Gimme the CAR-FAX.

Why would it be a bad thing to talk to someone who didn't like that particular make or model? Who's to say I wouldn't love it anyway?
    26 minutes ago · Delete Post

Kellie- Only in the sense that we use God's word profusely within them. It's those SCRIPTURES that are from Jehovah.
    25 minutes ago · Report

• bluecanary
  • theMadJW
    theMadJW

"Agreed, ask them to show you a list of Babylonian Kings and ask them how they arrived at 607 B.C.E. for the fall of Jerusalem."

First, if the Bible means nothing to you stop pretending- and fade. Disappear!\

If it DOES, do some real research into it. For example, this clown's accusation above. Since they need excuses to justify their lack of faith, the scripture mean little to them;

Jehovah said Jerusalem would be desolate 70 years.

Babylon fell in 539 BC, the jews were released 2 years later.

Counting back 70 years....BINGO! You get the fall of Jerusalem at 607 BC.

Of course, they would rather side with the 'educated guesses' of historians, rather the the people WHO WERE THERE, as recorded in the Bible...

www.theMadJWs.com is here; there are more than just ONE of me! heh!

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

Hi guys, thanks so much for the warm welcome.

When it comes to fading, it's easier in ways, but harder in ways. Despite what I've told them, some of my friends still treat me like I am a JW. Yesterday I was asked, "Would I vote if I was not in the truth". It bothers me because it's like they don't hear anything I say.

But yeah, debating JW's is fairly pointless because they'll just stick their finger in their ears and just say, "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I can't hear you" OR "I can tell you've read that on the internet", it's just that I'm hoping if I pose questions they simply cannot answer, then they might leave me alone.

I'm going through Tim Kilgore's channel now, thanks for the link and other posts :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit