I finally did it

by doublelife 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

doublelife: Congratulations on being upfront with your mom. That's a big decision and I think you will be happy you have made it. Good luck on your new life and your new job. I think dog sitting is a great thing to get into right now. My daughter does it and her list of clients keeps growing. Keep posting and reading.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Scarred for life: Thanks. I'm excited about pet sitting but nervous at the same time because I'll be running my own business.

• peaches
    peaches

i hope the best for you and your mom....it is not easy for either side....good luck on your new business....

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Doublelife: Hang tough. Sometimes the easy fade can suddenly get harder (which was what happened to me) but I think you've already gone through a lot of the pain and can see your way through to clarity.

Sounds like your making great decisions. Hooray for you!

• doublelife
    doublelife

Thanks, peaches.

Cadellin: clarity, that's the right word. It's becoming easier to breath.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Nice job Doublelife. That's probably the best way to handle it. You ain't going back and it ain't open for discussion....case closed.

Think About It

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

My experience was similar in some ways, different in others, and all I can do is echo what others have said and I know from personal experience: it's probably difficult now, but eventually it will get far better and you'll be able to have a normal relationship with your mom--hang in there. Good luck with your business! :-)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

But it does feel good to finally stand up to my mom. I know our relationship will be different now but at least I don't have my double life hanging over my head anymore.

It is tough but "cutting the apron strings" is an important part of growing up emotionally.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I already said everything I had to say on FB, but I just couldn't resist another, "Congrats!"

• doublelife
    doublelife

Think About It: Thanks.

A.Fenderson: Difficult with my mom? I guess it is but I'm too distracted by other things going on in my life right now to give it much thought.

jwfacts: "cutting the apron strings" I've never heard that expression but I understand it. I do feel like a different person after this. I feel more like an adult now.

jamiebowers: Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit