I finally did it

by doublelife 33 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

I told my mom that I'm not going back to the meetings. I wasn't planning on telling her that but I've been going through some hard times with my husband and just got fed up with her hounding me. So she asked if I'll still consider going back to the meetings and I just flat out told her no and that it wasn't up for discussion. She asked if I was looking for another religion and I told her no and that I won't DA so that she doesn't have to worry about shunning me. There wasn't anything she could do except accept it. And now everyone in my family is so worried about me. Oh well. I have other things to stress over. But it does feel good to finally stand up to my mom. I know our relationship will be different now but at least I don't have my double life hanging over my head anymore.

And I've decided to start pet sitting on the side for a little extra money. I've done it for friends and family in the past and love it so I ordered some business cards today. I'm excited to see what this turns into!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

You're off to a good start!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sometimes it is good to just get it out in the open. Nothing else needs to change, just no meetings. Hope things stay good between you and your mom.

Take a deep breath and then just relax.

• dgp
    dgp

I can but wish you the best, Doublelife. I know you will succeed.

Cheers!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I wish you all the best.

I just did the same thing with my mother and siblings. They are devastated.... but they know me, I can't be fake.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Remember the one your with should be the one you want to please. Family is important yes, but that old saying hits home, You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. Family will always be there..even if they ignore or shun you they are there.... The ones you choose are the ones you have decided to love... sometimes good, sometimes bad... just because you have chosen a different path from family doesn't mean you have left them, it means you have decided to explore a different path to see where it might lead and it could just lead back to their path, but don't let them judge you... at least you have the courage to explore. Blind Faith is good when your 10. Find out what you need in life..... don't live your life thru others. If you feel that your deciction is the best for your family then try it. If it makes your life better who is to say you were wrong....

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good for you, doublelife. Bet you feel like a big weight’s been lifted from your shoulders!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done. Your mum is concerned about your everlasting life because she is still under WT control. You know it is BS - so just let it all go and move on, your mum will accept your decision at some point.

• happehanna
    happehanna

well done you, not easy confronting parents whatever our age

• alanv
    alanv

Welcome to the world of the faders. Good descision to fade rather than disassociate. You probably feel you would really like to tell the WT to shove it, and disassociate yourself from them, but if you can fade it is so much better if you have family in the org. Make no mistake, however close family members are to you they and JW friends would totally reject you if you formally said you want nothing to do with them. So good for you. I wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit