The most inefficient workers in history

by RunningMan 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Carlo
    Carlo

Good point Simon!

That means that the danish JayDubs have to participate in preaching activities in 100 000 - 500 000 years for every convert:-)

Carlo

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"By the way, does anyone know the actual rate of retaining children born into witness families as active adult witnesses?"

I have heard that Circuit Overseers at one time had quoted the figure of 80% of JW children who leave the organization, at least for a while. Approximately 30% of them return. So about half of them eventually grow up to be JW's.

This figure seems to correspond to my own observations. However, the scarring and influence of the organization probably affects most of them in some way.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well guys, you have just cured yoyo and nytel of further door to door syndrome. Now they will be spending all there time here, arguing w apostates. After all, they got joelbear back.

SS laughing

• chicklette
    chicklette

I remember going door to door very well. We used bibles then, to introduce the uncountable books, magazines etc. The witnesses come to my door now, and NEVER use their bibles. Never. In at least four years, they have not used a bible at my door. Too busy making their quota to use the REAL book I guess. Perhaps that's why conversions are way down. Their true colors are showing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chicklette

Cool name, and welcome!

So, in what part of canada are you? I'm in que.

SS .. only a small devil

• chicklette
    chicklette

Hi SS... I'm in Nova Scotia. Actually, I was born in Montreal, Que. I visit now and then cos my brother is buried on Mont Royal. Nice to meet you :)

• MrSlate
    MrSlate

was raised a JW but was never baptised. I used to go every Sat. door to door (had to) but one thing always puzzled me. I live in Minneapolis MN area and never ONCE has anyone called on my door. (No I haveen't been marked or have never been DF)I have lived in quite a few apts, houses but never been called upon. THe house I now live in has never had a call. That has always seemed weird to me.

Just lucky I guess.. (you were thinking it.. I said it..)

• Mulan
    Mulan

For concerned mama: You asked about how many of the children of witnesses stay witnesses? When I was raising my four children, the average was about half of them would remain witnesses. From what I hear now, it's much less. I know one family that had six kids, and the father is an elder. None of them are witnesses anymore. Another family had eight kids ("yours, mine and ours") and they have one who is trying to be a witness now. The others are all not witnesses.

I had four, and had two that were actually active, when we started to leave. I guess you would say the others were believers, but not interested. Now all are out.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Hi Mulan and Running Man,
    Thanks for the information. From what I have seen, some kids as they grow up don't want to be actively involved in their JW religion, but they don't seem to live a mainstream lifestyle either. To make the complete break has such frightening consequences. As you said, believers, but not intensely interested. For all the kids, would there be pressure, either parental or peer, to be baptised eventually? When would eyebrows start to be lifted if someone has not chosen to be baptised?
    So, of the 50% of kids who eventually leave, I wonder how many still live a sort of JW life, I mean still avoiding celebrations, but not going to meetings or out door to door, and how many completely leave, actually joining the world.

• larc
    larc

Running Man,

I think the situation is even worse than you portray it. If you look at the average number of Witnesses for Canada and most other industrialized nations for the last three years, you will find that they have had zero or negative growth in 24 counties. The religion has become a revolving door. They are not even keeping up with population growth in these countries. One has to conclude that their millions of hours of work is having no impact on growth. They are, in a sense, bailing water out of a sinking ship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit