The most inefficient workers in history

by RunningMan 32 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Right on RunningMan,

I used that arguement with my JW dad before I ever decided to leave the Borg. I had been preaching for 30 yrs and hadn't converted anyone. What a waste of time. I thought: "Maybe I'm not the best person for this job"

TimB

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

RunningMan: Now this I have never heard of before. Can you explain further?

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

YoYo,

What would you like explained? It seems pretty simple to me. You might want to go get a calculator.

RunningMan,

One thing you didn't take into consideration is the people who lie about their time so they don't get "disfellowshipped".

TimB

• Englishman
    Englishman

Running Man,

Of course the dubs have to be kept busy, even if it is in doing pointless door to door work.

If they weren't so occupied they would be playing on the internet, looking at apostate sites!

Just like Yo yo Mama...

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Simon
    Simon

Don't forget that they only count the time spent in field service

What about the countless hours at meetings and assemblies 'in training'? Even the meetings before they go knocking?

This can easily add another 5 or so hours per week and then there is meeting preparation etc ...

It is either a really bad way of doing things or they do it really badly!

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

YoYo:

So you really believe the story of Noah and the ark? How quaint!

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Yoyo: I assume you are referring to my comment about Methuselah? If so, here is the logic;

Adam was 130 when Seth was born
    Seth was 105 when Enosh was born
    Enosh was 90 when Kenan was born
    Kenan was 70 when Mahalalel was born
    Mahalalel was 65 when Jared was born
    Jared was 162 when Enoch was born
    Enoch was 65 when Methuselah was born
    Methuselah lived to be 969 years of age.

This means that Methuselah died 1656 years after creation. According to the Society, this fell in 2371 (See the 1951 WT volume). They allow a couple months for rounding. The flood occurred in 2370, according to the Society.

There are also a couple of other oddities. Methuselah's son, Lamech, died 5 years before the flood (see Gen 5:30). So, why couldn't Noah convert him, either?

• Danni
    Danni

Hello DogPatch. I have been reading parts of your book online. It's out of my league for now. I know the peices will fall together when I have a better understanding of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Midday break is over..have a nice day everyone and besafe.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

RunningMan: Thanks for the infor.

The insight book also says the same thing :

*** it-2 389 Methuselah ***
    METHUSELAH
    (Me·thu'se·lah) [possibly, Man of the Missile].
    Son of the faithful prophet Enoch; father of Lamech and grandfather of Noah. (Ge 5:21-29; 1Ch 1:1-4; Jude 14, 15) A descendant of Adam through Seth, Methuselah was of the eighth human generation. (Lu 3:37, 38) He enjoyed a life span of 969 years, the longest of Bible record, and one that has become proverbial for longevity. He died in 2370 B.C.E., the year in which the Flood began. But the Scriptures say that Methuselah “died,” not that he perished in the Deluge as a result of divine execution.—Ge 5:27;

As to your question of why couldn't Noah converhim. I don't know the answer.

• Carlo
    Carlo

I made similar calculation on the danish dubs. They are around 14 000 in Denmark and 197 baptizms last year (that figure include their own breed). 74 publishers per convert, so they are the most dull in the world.

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

Of these 197 baptisms my estimate is that 195 are there own breed.

Hmmmmmm....... Maybe two converts of 5.3 million people.

My calculation shows that every publisher has to knock doors in 20 000 - 50 000 years for every convert.

Carlo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit