Since Leaving "The Truth" Are You Really Happier?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

Absolutely 100% more happy than I ever was in the JW's.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

How could I NOT be happier??

I've eliminated sooooo much negativity in my life - all the negativity, in fact.

Since I've left, I've found out the truth about it all and it's like a light bulb going off : "So, that's why I was so unhappy - it's all a farce!!"

I feel like a weight has been lifted off me.

• minimus
    minimus

You're right, that negativity is gone.

• its_me!
    its_me!

I am new here, and I am still battling with the part of my mind that still thinks like a JW, so I do have some days where it kindof haunts me, but even the worst day, really isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

I cannot however say that I am happier now than when I was in the Org........................BECAUSE I WAS NEVER HAPPY TO START WITH WHEN I WAS IN!!!!!

So, I cannot be happier because I had no happiness to start with!

But now, I can definitely say that I am working towards happiness, and I am getting there one day at a time!!!!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

100% YES - I felt an imediate relief when I knew they were wrong and I didn't have to play there "game" my happiness took time though. I felt anger and regret and lost and more anger!!! I didn't know what i thought about ANYTHING didn't know how to make decisions!!! But I think we all had to go through some transition raised in JW's never got a normal foundation!!! 100% happier

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

So much happier. I have friends that are friends because they want to be and its not conditional on how active you are in the congregation.

I also no longer have to put up with guilt trips because i have a good job and career.

My mum asked me this question a few weeks back and when I said I was happier now she let things be. I'm hopeful that this attitude from my parents will continue as I know how fortunate I am compared to others here.

• cult classic
    cult classic

In most areas of life I am happier. In a few areas I am just as happy. So overall I am happier. Husband is the happiest he has ever been. He was born in like me and has not looked back at all. I will never get sucked in again, but am having some anxiety due to losing lifelong friends. Women need their connections a bit more than men.

Cult Classic

• dgp
    dgp

Marked

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Much much happier! They don't have the "Truth"

Coffee

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I have got to be the happiest I've been in the last 30 years. No more busy work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit