Non-Fundamentalists: Is Evangelism Necessary?

by leavingwt 42 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Most Christians alive today have rejected the notion of eternal, physically painful punishment for non-believers after death. (Annihilationism, Universalism and defining Hell as an 'absence of/separation from God' are the most common beliefs, today.)

So, if you're a Christian who doesn't view Christianity as the ONLY road to salvation, do you think Evangelism is required or necessary?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2028:18-20&version=NIV

• Terry
    Terry

Since Almighty God (aka The Lord) refuses to simply speak VERY LOUDLY FROM HEAVEN and confirm the exact true situation we are

stuck with a ridiculous mult-level marketing system of religious competition like Mary Kay cosmetics.

The downside, need I point out, is that none of us can be sure who is telling the truth and who is pulling it out of their ass.

The presumed result of a wrong choice is God's wrath.

What more proof do we need that a Supreme Being is not behind any of this "plan"??

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Don't wind up the fundies Terry, annoying them is like opening a can of poisonous (& thoroughly irritating) worms.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So, if you're a Christian who doesn't view Christianity as the ONLY road to salvation,
    do you think Evangelism is required or necessary?

I good question.

"We" preach the word of God ( Jesus) not just with our mouths and in a church, but with our everyday actions and behaviour.

Evangilising is leading by example, it is loving our neighbour as ourselves, it is the love of God flowing from all his children.

Do I view Christianity as the ONLY road to salvation?

No, only for Christians is it the raod for salvation.

BUT, I do view Jesus Christ as the SOLE path to salvation.

So, where is the difference?

"For men it is not possible, for God ALL is possible".

Christianity has been corrupted by man, Jesus has not, CAN NOT and as such, He is our saviour and judge so it is up to JESUS to decide Salvation.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Since Almighty God (aka The Lord) refuses to simply speak VERY LOUDLY FROM HEAVEN and confirm the exact true situation we are

Even miracles do not compel belief, as the Biblical narrative itself explains.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Do I view Christianity as the ONLY road to salvation?

No, only for Christians is it the raod for salvation.

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+14:6&version=NIV

Christianity has been corrupted by man

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16:18&version=NIV

"For men it is not possible, for God ALL is possible".

Agreed. The rules are for us, not for God.

BTS

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Do christians ever read anything other than the bible? That's the real question.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Do christians ever read anything other than the bible? That's the real question.

If that's actually a real question, rather than an attempt at sarcasm, then you must be a very ignorant person.

BTS

• tec
    tec

Of course! What kind of a question is that?

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit