My Son Responds to his JW Mom's Condescending " Guilt Inspiring" E-Mail

by flipper 85 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

Flip,

I am proud of him too!

There is only one thing that concerns me slightly. I know your ex is just plain "bat-shit crazy." Do you think she might try to get him DFed for apostasy with that letter? I know that could cause a problem with his grandparents.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

My son worked all night tonight with me on my jobs. Told him how much all you guys and gals enjoyed his E-mail. He was flattered and touched by your responses and sends his thanks. Bumping this up for him to see your comments once he gets to his house. Thanks again for all the great comments ! I'll respond indiviually tomorrow- once I've slept ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mr F...just back fro vacation but I am proud of your son too!! The ex is some piece of work!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i echo the hope that his mother will be able
    to read his cogent response with the heart
    of a MOTHER so she can stay connected to
    what has been the basis of humanity from
    the beginning.... family

well done!

• Mary
    Mary

That was a phenomenal response Flipper. Kudos to your son for responding in a mature fashion AND for asking his mom questions that JW's hate to think about.

Last year I gave Delilah a few questions to ask her JW mother next time she called her whining about how none of her kids go to the Hall anymore and how Delilah "knows it's the truth" and how she "won't be happy until she comes back to Jehovah". So Delilah asked her the questions I told her to and her mom flipped out (because she had no answers) and actually said "You've been listening to Mary too much!" LMAO!

The one thing that I'm sure will really freak your ex out is when she reads:

sometime in the next hundred years or so... the person you know as Flipper junior will die. But that will not be the end. The soul who is playing this character right now will be reborn to the spirit form that is indestructible and infinite. Only I will have a wonderful lifetime of experience to add to my many other experiences. Somewhere shortly after I leave this Earth Mom, I will see you and my dad and my sisters and all of my close family and friends and we will all celebrate and hug and we will cry tears of joy and laugh about the good times we had together in this lifetime and apologize for the times we hurt each other. And we will see each other for who we really are and realize that all the silly things like religion, money, and hurt egos are just silly things after all. Then we will tell each other how much we appreciated having the opportunity to love each other in a human form. "

To Witnesses, the idea of the soul/spirit living on is the epitome of "demonism". I tried telling my sister the same thing when my brother in law died and cited the scriptures that support the idea that something survives the body when it dies. She absolutely refused to listen and just kept saying that "we were meant to live on the earth". They just cannot handle the idea that perhaps when the physical body dies, that's not the end.

When you ex recovers from the shock of this email, I'm sure she'll be doing yet another response. After all, we can't let a non-believer have the last word. Please post whatever her brain-dead response is, as it's a wonderful tool for showing lurkers how the JW mind works. Or doesn't work.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And before you go getting all high and mighty about JW's being the only ones who love blah, blah, blah... I am not talking about conditional, only love those who decide to go to the same church as you. I am talking about the kind of love that accepts every person for exactly what and who they choose to be in this very moment. Preaching to people about what you believe because you think they will die if they do not agree with you and be eaten by flocks of ravenous birds, is not love. That is just silly.

Best words in the response are above. Awesome response.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Perfect response! My best wishes for a lovely garden and a bountiful crop.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mr. Flipper, your son is a class act!

He has, however, left it open for further 'religious' discussions so I'm not sure if that was his intention or not. He may have to specifically state boundaries with her.

I agree with so much he stated, and I love the fact that he gardens. Two of my favourite quotes are as follows:

"To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil, is to forget ourselves." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"All the world's problems can be solved in a garden." -- Geoff Lawton, Permaculturalist

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Awesome, awesome letter! Do you mind me asking how old your son is? He sounds so very mature and insightful. Kudos to him for getting his point across and still showing love to his mother!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great letter, Flipper Junior! I hope your mom wakes up and comes around someday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit