I am speechless - a rarity indeed. Please read.

by AK - Jeff 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Thanks sharing AK-J. It was a very refreshing and thought provoking story.

• tec
    tec

These small moment are the most important moments in our lives. Just a little bit of time to commit a completely unselfish act.

Thank you, AK - Jeff

Tammy

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

What a great story...thanks for sharing.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Totally awesome Jeff.

The book it's from sounds cool too.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It goes without saying that I cannot confirm/deny the story's authenticity. As well stated, that is perhaps immaterial to the moral painted here.

I like to think, Ziddina, that I would have spent my afternoon with the gentlemen at the airport instead of where I was headed that day - but perhaps I would have acted as did your hubby. We can learn from this though, lessons that cannot be purchased.

Jeff

• goldensky
    goldensky

AK-Jeff, Ziddina... thank you.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

AK-Jeff,

It brought me to tears.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Judge Dread

• beksbks
    beksbks

Zid, to me it's moments like that that make life worth living.

I'm sure I've told this one before, but what the heck.

I love to cook. My big problem, is deciding what. I have often been known to ask people in the grocery store "what's for dinner tonight?" One night, I was tired and anxious to get home and start my few hours of free time, but knew I had to go to the store and come up with something quick/healthy. I wandered around for a while, and nothing hit me. So I turned to a lovely old lady and said, "what are you cooking tonight?" She looked at me like....................I can't even express. She said "I'm learning how to cook for one, I just lost my husband". At first I was absolutely mortified. How could I have made such a terrible choice of folks to ask?? In the end we talked for almost an hour. My dad had died recently, and my mom was learning to live on her own. All I could offer this lady was some condolence, and my mother's example. She was so bright when I left her I felt like the cosmos had directed me to her. I invited her to visit the library and get a card, and sure enough a couple of weeks later there she was.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Doggone it Judge! I guess you're not so bad after all

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Doggone it Judge! I guess you're not so bad after all

As you can see, I have strong feelings as well as strong opinions.

I love everyone here, including you, beks, but I ain't kissin' no damn monkey!

Judge Dread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit