I am speechless - a rarity indeed. Please read.

by AK - Jeff 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
  • Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

That's a great story.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

That was well worth the short read, thanks for posting it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sounds contrived. Why would she be going at 2:30 am? I might be naive, but I wasn't born before the early acorn falling from the pig's wings.

• peaches
    peaches

a dose of reality....thank you....

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

It doesn't have to be true to be a good story--see also the bible.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Good story to drive home an important message in life . A small gesture of kindness on our part may have an everlasting impression upon someone else .

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I loved it!! Thanks for sharing.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Always go with your intuition, it will never be wrong. Thanks for such a sweet story.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"But great moments often catch us unaware – beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one...."

Very, very true...

And there are people who rush thru life, impatient to "get things DONE", who totally miss out on moments like these...

My hubby is one of THOSE people. Some years ago, shortly after we were married, we were trying to find a location for a county fair, or some such event. We happened to drive down a road leading to a small airport - an old-fashioned one, somewhat behind the times.

Hubby stopped and asked a local fellow - an older gentleman - probably in his 50's or 60's - for directions. The man began telling us about the history of the airport - it has been used during WWII, used in several movies as a setting [we lived in southern California at the time], and so on...

My idiot husband snapped the poor fellow's head off, and huffed impatiently as we drove away that he "Just wanted DIRECTIONS, not his life story!"

I chewed him out for his attitude, but it made no difference... All these years later, he's still impatient and brusque...

People like that get to the "finish" line faster, only to find a cold and lonely grave waiting for them...

I'm trying to learn from his bad examples, but unfortunately some of his impatience has worn off on me - or perhaps it's a case of "birds of a feather"...

But I'll never forget that hurt look in that man's eyes when my husband impatiently cut him off...

No smileys... Too sad.... Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit